Jobs in Rockaway Township, NJ
- 87,306 Resumes
- 19,903 Jobs Available
- 24,441 Population
- $81,000 Average Salary
Rockaway Township, NJ is located in the heart of Morris County, New Jersey. It is located 25 miles northwest of Newark, NJ and 35 miles northwest of New York City. Its proximity to these major metropolitan areas make it a viable option for housing. It is also home to the Rockaway Townsquare Mall, a high-end shopping center, which is one of the top ten malls in the state. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Rockaway Township has a population of 24,156 residents. Rockaway’s economic outlook, including average salaries and prospects, will help you determine if this area is ideal for your lifestyle.
Rockaway Township, NJ continues to rebound with the U.S. Economy. Unemployment rates have declined from 4.2 percent to 3.2 percent from 2014 to 2015, which is well below the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. In 2014, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics showed that the majority of jobs in Rockaway Township centered on the retail sector. This was followed by office clerks and janitors and cleaners during the same time period. The average weekly wage in the Northern New Jersey – New York area is $1,392, which is higher than the national average of $1,048.
When you are searching for jobs in Rockaway Township, your resume will be your first introduction to a potential employer. Therefore, it must make a great impression. Here are some tips from the experts:
1. Keep your resume within two pages in length, since these documents are shorter nowadays. If you can pare everything down to one page, it will be better.
2. Use a format that is unique. If you use a standard template, your resume won’t be noticeable. Find a format that is flexible so you can highlight your unique experience in the best possible light.
3. Don’t right justify your text. It inserts odd-sized spaces between the words, making the end result appear peculiar. Instead, left justify your entire document.
4. Include your contact information. List your website address, city, state and one phone number. There is no need to include your mailing address or additional phone or fax numbers. This minimal approach will protect you against identity theft.
5. Stick to the point. Many hiring managers spend less than 10 seconds reviewing a resume. Use words and phrases that attract notice. If it takes more than a glance for someone to understand why you are qualified for a job, your resume will end up in the discard pile.
Finding jobs in Rockaway Township requires a methodical approach. These recommendations will help you locate a new position as soon as possible.
1. Review Your Options. Before you start to apply for positions, review your circumstances. What are the job prospects in your chosen field? Should you learn new skills to become more marketable? Attend a local job seminar to find out about the latest trends in the employment process.
2. Update Your Resume. Make sure your resume reflects your most recent work experience. Update its format to reflect the latest presentation styles. Create any supplementary documentation that is needed.
3. Network. Talk to everyone you know. Many positions become filled before they are posted because someone knew an ideal candidate. Be first in line!
4. Search for Leads: Despite the health of the economy, workers are always needed. In addition to employment listings, search for jobs in Rockaway Township at career fairs, online job banks and networking events. You never know where an opportunity may surface!
5. Utilize Social Media: Use LinkedIn and other online tools to research companies. Establish connections and network with a broad community of people online. Create a professional website that highlights your expertise so you will catch the eye of recruiters and employers who are advertising jobs in Rockaway Township and beyond.