Jobs in Rochester Hills, MI
- 18,285 Jobs Available
- 73,125 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Located in the northern suburbs of Detroit, Rochester Hills, MI is a thriving mid-sized city in Oakland County. It is known for its extensive suburbs and close proximity to the largest metropolitan area in the state. Despite the fact that this city is one of the most affluent communities in the Detroit area, if you are looking for a job, you will primarily be interested in employment statistics and job prospects. Here is some important information regarding the economic outlook and jobs in Rochester Hills area.
Rochester Hills is located in Oakland County, the second most populous county in the state of Michigan. With a population of roughly 1.2 million residents, and a close proximity to Detroit, this city is sure to boast a wealth of career opportunities for eager job-seekers. Over the previous year, the unemployment rate has remained relatively steady at 7.7%, a figure that is slightly higher than the national unemployment rate of 5.3%. The retail industry employs the largest number of workers in this area, followed closely by the team assembling industry. Office clerks, registered nurses, and food service workers also made up a substantial portion of the labor market here. The average weekly wage for the Oakland County area is $1,147 while the average weekly wage for the United States is $1,048.
If you need to find jobs in Rochester Hills, having a well-written and professional-looking resume can greatly increase your chances of landing a job. Make sure that your resume is ready for the job hunt by remembering these tips.
1. Don’t go over two pages. Despite the fact that employers love to read informative resumes, there is such a thing as too much information. Shorter resumes can present potential employers with everything they need to know, in a concise and organized fashion.
2. Avoid lies and embellishments. No company wants to hire a dishonest employee, and lying is the quickest way to ensure that you don’t get hired. While it may seem tempting to exaggerate your accomplishments, the majority of employers will perform a thorough background check that will expose any untruths.
3. Include a “summary” section. This section will give employers a comprehensive overview of your qualifications and professional history. Avoid including a career objective – employers already know why you are applying.
4. Remember to include contact information. Make sure that your resume contains your phone number and a professional-sounding e-mail address. Do not include more than one primary phone/fax number.
5. Use a standout resume format. If you want to distinguish yourself from other job-seekers, and show off your personality at the same time, consider using a more creative resume format. This is a simple and effective way to ensure that employers remember your resume.
Finding the right job can be a simple task when you understand the economic demographics of the area. Here are a few ways you can increase your chances of finding a job that you actually want.
1. Use your network! Take advantage your personal connects, both online and in-person, to boost your chances of finding employment. Ask friends, relatives, and neighbors about potential job opportunities in the area.
2. Don’t give up. Finding the right job can take time, so a high degree of persistence will be needed when you embark on your search. There are plenty of jobs in Rochester Hills, but you must actively pursue them.
3. Follow up on your application. Many hiring managers respect perseverance and drive, and following up on a potential job is a great way to show you have both of these qualities. Try making direct contact with potential employers to show that you are serious about the job.
4. Get into the entrepreneurial spirit. Don’t hesitate to consider working for yourself. Take all of your marketable skills and experiences into account, and see what you can offer the world.
5. Approach your job search with the “right” mindset. In today’s economy, there is no definite way to predict how long your job search will last. By staying positive and remembering your own personal strengths, you can turn a grueling search into a considerably more pleasant personal journey.