Jobs in Ridgecrest, CA
- 353,689 Resumes
- 861 Jobs Available
- 28,726 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Being about 100 miles east of Bakersfield, the small city of Ridgecrest, California only has a population of 30,000. Despite its small size, citizens that are seeking jobs in Ridgecrest should still take the time to gain an understanding of the local job market, average wages, and different prospects. Use the following information to begin your research.
Unfortunately, the market for jobs in Ridgecrest seems to have suffered from being so distant from major cities. The unemployment rate in the area and near Bakersfield is 9.2 percent, which is significantly higher than the national average of 5.3 percent. Additionally, the average weekly wages are between $800 and $900, while the average across the nation is about $1,050. The largest industries in Ridgecrest are government, utilities, health care services, hospitality, and business services. By far, the largest group of workers is farm, nursery, and greenhouse laborers. After that, cashiers and food preparation workers are fairly common.
One of the most important parts of seeking jobs in Ridgecrest is the resume. This document alone may make the difference between getting called in for an interview and being passed on. Certain elements of your resume will be unique to the field you are entering, but this guide details some of the universal rules.
1. Research what the standard resume format is. It is expected that your resume follows certain formatting rules, and some employers may not even read it if it fails to meet these expectations. It is your responsibility to learn them and integrate them.
2. Find a way to be unique. This can be very difficult, especially considering how strictly the resume format is enforced, but you need to take the time to figure out how you are going to stick in the mind of readers without breaking the format.
3. The experience and accomplishments sections the most important. These are the areas that employers are interested in, so include the most and strongest information here. Additionally, it should not take readers too long to reach this information.
4. Be active. The reason the experience section is so important is because it focuses on the things you have done. Be sure to really emphasize your actions when writing these sections. Include plenty of strong action verbs.
5. Finally, be sure to look over your resume after finishing. You should find every typographical error, but you should also analyze how well the organization of information functions. Is your resume appealing on a surface level?
It can be difficult to find jobs in Ridgecrest, but the entire process can be made easier by taking the right steps. Maximize your chances of success by studying the following short job search guide.
1. Do your research. Every industry has unique hiring practices, and knowing what these are for your chosen field is hugely beneficial. Look into what the typical expectations and qualifications are so you can know how to focus your application strategy.
2. Know what all your options are. Do not limit yourself to just one position. It is fine to have a first choice, but do not forget that other jobs may help you reach the position you are most interested in at some point down the line.
3. Take time to strengthen your network. Making connections is more important than ever before. Hiring managers are more likely to choose candidates whose resume they receive from someone they know.
4. There are plenty of resources available on the Internet; make sure you are using them. Everything from databases of employer information to application and resume assessments are readily available online.
5. Finally, stay positive. It is easy to become discouraged if it takes longer than you anticipated to find a job. This will only hurt your chances, however, because employers are always looking for workers who have a good attitude.