Table of Contents
What to Include in an Associate Resume
- Summary Statement
- Work Experience
Youll also note from the associate resume samples that two formats are predominantly used: a chronological or functional format. If you choose the chronological format, list all dates and your related education, work experience, etc., in reverse chronological order. If youd rather use the functional format, list all accomplishments by order of importance rather than by order of date. Usually, the chronological format is most ideal for those who received education and training with the hopes of gaining the job position theyre applying for, while the functional format is best for those who are transitioning careers or who’ve had gaps in employment.
How to Write the Associate Resume Summary Statement
Talented Sales Associate who will bring sales savvy fashion sense and a passion for clothing to the company. Possesses superb presentation skills and will always maintain a professional image through appearance and dress. Willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays and will consistently strive to exceed expectations.
Enthusiastic and diligent Sales Associate who possesses an excellent sales and customer satisfaction record. Adept at maintaining cordial and professional relationships with colleagues, customers, and supervisors. Able to function very well independently or as part of a sales associate team.
Highly persuasive Sales Associate with a 6+ years verifiable track record of communicating effectively with customers and providing them with accurate product information while ensuring their satisfaction. Effective problem-solver who is able to grasp and cater for the customers needs proactively. Outgoing team player with demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and develop strong business relationships derived from valuable sales experience in diverse settings.
How to Write the Associate Education Section
List any continuing education or elective courses pertaining to sales and marketing only if they werent necessarily required as part of your degree and show the employer any additional skills you have. For instance, if you took elective courses such as Consumer Buying Behavior or Principles of Professional Selling, you might want to mention them so the employer knows you have special knowledge in these areas. If you took vocational courses in sales and marketing in high school, list these courses in this section too (again, only if you didnt complete your college degree).
Any professional sales association programs youve taken should also be listed here as well as any certifications youve received, such as a Customer Service and Sales Certification. If youve completed many programs or possess numerous certifications, you can create another section dedicated solely to Training and Certifications if you wish.
How to Write the Associate Work Experience Section
Action Verbs to Include in Your Associate Work Experience Section
How to Write the Associate Skills Section
Comb the companys hiring description to determine what particular skills its looking for in applicants. If you possess any of the skills it requests, list them in your skills section. This shows the company what a good match you are and it highlights the fact that you connect with its need.
Should I Include References in my Associate Resume
Associate Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- Incorrect contact information. Your contact information is arguably the most important part of your resume since it provides employers with a way to get in touch with you if they decide they want to interview or hire you. Always double-check your contact information for transposed telephone numbers, email addresses with typos, and so on since such simple mistakes can make a life-changing difference in the hiring process.
- Personal information. While employers need contact information for you, they dont need links to your social media profiles or your personal websites unless they are dedicated to your professional and career growth.
- Too busy. Making your resume stand out is important, but doing so in a negative way can be counterproductive to your cause. A resume that is too busy and utilizes too many fonts, uncommon font styles, different font sizes, and glaring graphics is distracting, and that’s why you won’t see these types of associate resume samples. Opt for commonly used fonts like Times New Roman and Arial in a 10- or 12-point font size.
- One-size-fits-all resume. Having a resume template that you like to follow is fine, but dont just create a general resume and use it for every job that you apply for. Employers notice when a resume is crafted specifically for them, and they note the extra effort to connect with their needs. Not only does it show that you took the time to research their company, but it also shows work ethic and dedication on your part as well.
- Too long. Employers like resumes because they are documents that are easy for them to skim. Theyre busy and dont have to time to read your entire lifes history, so keep the contents of your resume within a page or less. Not only do employers not have time to read long documents, but multiple resume pages can become separated if theyre not stapled together, and stapling a resume appears unprofessional.
- False information. Of course, you should never falsify information on your resume, even unintentionally. Sometimes people can accidentally provide false information on their resumes simply because they dont remember the exact dates of events, but attempt to write them down anyways. If youre unsure of a date, only include the month and year or what you do know for sure rather than providing incorrect dates. When employers make calls to verify information and find out that some of your information is off, not only does your character come into question, but your professionalism does as well.
Job Prospects in the Associate Industry
- Its projected that associate jobs will grow by 10% from 2012 to 2022. This is approximately as fast as the average for all careers. Traditionally, job prospects for associates grow along with the economy, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years. As the population grows, so will the demand for goods and services. Consequently, the demand for sales associates will grow too.
- The increase in online shopping has had a detrimental impact on sales associates in the book and media industries, but its predicted that plenty of people will still shop for automobiles, clothing, and other general merchandise in stores where they will need the assistance of sales associates. Technology sales associates stand a better chance in securing jobs in the future as more technological devices are developed.
Associate Resume Samples
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Associate job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Associate resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.