Veterans Service Officer Resume Objective
A Veterans Service Officer is in charge of handling administrative work for veterans and their dependents and beneficiaries in regards to their veteran’s benefits. They provide legal counsel when necessary, as well as clerical work. A resume objective for this position will illustrate that you possess the skills, background and work experience necessary to maintain this position.
What the Veterans Service Officer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A great resume objective is designed to show your potential employer that you are the ideal candidate for the position of Veterans Service Officer. It should highlight your skills as they pertain to this position. The skills and attributes necessary for this position include, but are not limited to: understanding of the laws and regulations pertaining to the position, understanding of clerical procedures, and experience with the military. This position may also require previous work experience, certification, certain educational standards, and an active service record which ends in an honorable discharge or service related disability. Letting your potential employer that you fill these criteria is incredibly important.
Sample Veterans Service Officer Resume Objectives
When writing your resume objective, be sure to include the name of the position, as well as the name of the agency to which you are applying. This shows that you are a serious candidate.
1. Honorably discharged Army veteran with 4 years active duty experience and experience working in a clerical capacity seeking Veterans Service Officer position at ABC agency.
2. Disabled Navy veteran with 10+ years of active duty service and an understanding of the law and regulations pertaining to this position looking for position at ABC agency as a Veterans Service Officer.
3. Recently honorably discharged Marine with 6 months of active combat duty, knowledge of the law and a desire to help others looking for Veterans Service Officer position at ABC agency.
4. Seeking Veterans Service Officer position at ABC agency which will be benefited from 10 months active duty with the Army and certification as a Veterans Service Officer.
5. Experienced office clerk with 6 years of experience as active duty Air Force personnel seeks position as Veterans Service Officer at ABC agency.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.