RN Resume Objective
Training and certification are only one aspect of gaining employment as a registered nurse. A clear and confident resume objective that demonstrates leadership qualities and communication skills illustrates value to a prospective employer. This is the first part of the resume and an important place to make an impact on the reader.
What The RN Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Registered Nurses perform a variety of important duties in the healthcare sector. Most positions center on patient care, requiring candidates who possess exceptional knowledge of medical diagnosis, pharmacology, preventive health measures and alternative treatments. Teaching skills, continued education, social awareness and team-oriented mindset are all qualities that help distinguish a competitive candidate in this field. When writing a resume for this position, you should highlight both clinical and communicative skills in the objective statement.
Sample RN Resume Objectives
When writing the objective for a Registered Nurse position, emphasizing your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications makes it obvious to a prospective employer that you are the best-qualified candidate. Include the company name in the objective statement to show that you are serious about working there. Here are a few examples that you can tailor to fit your experiences:
1. Seeking position as Registered Nurse with ABC company that enables use of clinical knowledge in cardiology, exceptional communication skills and team-oriented mindset to elevate patient care and support organization.
2. Results-oriented, highly motivated individual with 10+ years experience treating critical care patients, leading staff training and counseling patients and families seeks position with ABC company as Registered Nurse Manager.
3. Looking for Registered Nurse position with ABC company that utilizes extensive knowledge of clinical protocol, deductive reasoning, oral communication and team coordination to support best practices for patient care.
4. Proactive, highly experienced individual seeks position as Registered Nurse Manager with ABC company that will enable career advancement through use of skills in psychological assessment, research methods, and unit coordination.
5. Obtain a challenging position as Registered Nurse with ABC company that will utilize and broaden existing knowledge in post-operative care, patient education and case management.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.