Resume Tips Resume Objectives
A resume is a hiring manager’s first point of contact for new employees. It is a fast and simple way to convey your level of experience and education. Resumes can also give the employer an idea of how you will fit in with that company’s working environment. The resume objective is like a short summary of your resume. It is meant to persuade the hiring manager to continue reading, so be sure to highlight any relevant skills, experience and education.
What the Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The resume objective should give your prospective employer a good idea of your skill set and experience level. For instance, a teacher should have a relevant college degree and some experience student teaching. Your entire resume should make you look like a good candidate by highlighting general talents like working well with customers or in a team. You will have plenty of space in the resume to expound upon your abilities, but the resume objective should include the best of what you have to offer. By nature, objectives are short so make every word count.
Sample Resume Objectives
When writing your objective, include the name of the prospective company to show that you genuinely want to work for them. Highlight your best and most applicable skills and don’t forget to mention the position you are applying for.
1. Organized individual looking for a challenging ABC position with XYZ Company that enables the use of excellent communication, time management and people skills.
2. Seeking an ABC position with XYZ Company that will foster career growth and further development of problem-solving, organizational and managerial abilities.
3. Searching for an ABC position with XYZ Company to utilize administrative, office management and event coordination skills.
4. Productive professional with 15+ years of field experience with management, inventory and advertising seeks a challenging ABC position with XYZ Company.
5. Looking to secure an entry-level ABC position with XYZ Company that enables the use of exceptional communication, organizational and teamwork skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.