Respite Worker Resume Objective
Taking care of a child or loved one with special needs or a long-term illness can take a toll on families. A respite worker gives the caretaker a needed break to relax, spend time with friends, or pursue a hobby while ensuring that their loved one is still receiving care and attention. Empathy, understanding, and patience are important traits for Respite Workers to possess. A well-written objective statement is clear and concise and helps the employer see how your skills benefit the position they are seeking to fill.
What The Respite Worker Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
When working for senior citizens or the acutely ill, the Respite Worker may provide light housekeeping, help prepare meals, assist with shopping or bathing, or simply provide companionship. Some provide help to parents with disabled or chronically ill children. Empathy, patience and kindheartedness are important regardless of the situation. A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certificate might be required by some employers. Your resume objective summarizes your skills and experience and how they benefit the company you are applying for.
Sample Respite Worker Resume Objectives
Make note of where your skills and experience overlap with the job description and use that as a jumping-off point to write your objective statement. Use the name of the company you are applying for to show your interest. Below are a few examples:
1. Compassionate and seasoned Respite Worker with two years of experience as a Personal Aide seeking a career with ABC Social Services.
2. Empathetic professional with experience tracking and logging medications, teaching independent living skills, and providing companionship to seniors seeking position as Respite Worker at ABC Social Services.
3. Obtain position as Respite Worker, utilizing proficiency in Spanish and English, reliability, effective communication skills, and above all empathy, to make a positive impact in patients’ lives at ABC Healthcare.
4. CNA with three years of experience providing respite care to critically ill patients seeking to use compassion, organization, and patience as a Respite Worker with ABC Healthcare.
5. Respite Worker with CNA and six years of experience providing excellent care with superior communication and organization skills seeking position at ABC Healthcare.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.