Music Therapist Resume Objective
Music Therapists belong to a subgroup of recreational therapists who use music to provide support to those with disabilities and help promote personal growth. It can be a very effective treatment for those who have no other way to express themselves creatively, and your resume objective should communicate to the hiring manager that you can perform this valuable service.
What The Music Therapist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
When a Music Therapist gets a new client, he or she must be able to assess the client’s strengths and needs. Therapists need to be able to develop treatment plans, play musical instruments, encourage creative listening and prepare documentation for any additional funding. Music Therapists need to be able to connect with clients on a significant level, so interpersonal skills are very important. An education in music therapy or past experiences with providing therapy to individuals should be highlighted within your objective statement in order to tell a potential employer that you have the talents necessary to excel in this role.
Sample Music Therapist Resume Objectives
In addition to any relevant skills, you should also include the name of the organization you are applying to. This shows a genuine desire to work with them. Listed below are some example objectives that can be customized for your resume:
1. Looking for employment as a Music Therapist for ABC company in order to use degree in music therapy with skills in building interpersonal relations with clients.
2. Obtain a Music Therapist position at ABC company to utilize proficiency in music software programs to help clients in need.
3. Motivated and dedicated professional with 10+ years of experience in determining needs of patients, preparing lesson plans and matching patients with appropriate instruments seeking a Music Therapist position with ABC company.
4. Searching for a position at ABC company as a Music Therapist to apply background in helping those who have experienced severe trauma or suffered from developmental issues.
5. Obtain a position of Music Therapist in order to use experience with developing music therapy programs for a number of individuals at ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.