Live Sound Engineer Resume Objective
Live sound engineers manage the sound systems for events, concerts, and live presentations, allowing performers and presenters to focus on delivering their quality communications to audiences without worrying about the technical aspects. Their duties can include setting up and calibrating equipment, adjusting to live sound cues, mixing and balancing music, and transitioning microphone zones to adequately highlight and silence certain sections of the performance area.
What the Live Sound Engineer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Your resume will fill in most of the details about the exact systems you have worked with and roles you have filled as a live sound engineer, so don’t worry about packing that kind of thing into the objective. Instead, focus on making a single statement that helps the prospective employer understand how your most relevant and immediate past experience has prepared you for the position they have open. It doesn’t matter if that previous experience was schooling, project-oriented, or at another job as much as it matters what the experience actually was and how it fits into the employer’s needs, so concentrate on showing that, rather than telling about yourself.
Sample LIve Sound Engineer Resume Objectives
1. Live sound engineer with prior experience as the house engineer for a major outdoor music venue seeks full-time position providing sound for a touring theatrical team performing in a variety of spaces of varying size.
2. Experienced live sound engineer with background in recording looking for permanent position in a venue that caters to a variety of events including music, stage, and worship functions.
3. Former megachurch live sound engineer seeks a new position that makes use of live mixing and recording skills to provide high quality output and archival records of employer performances.
4. Live sound engineering intern looking for a position in musical theater that balances preparation, technological expertise, and real-time equipment monitoring to deliver excellent audio output to an audience.
5. Sound engineer with ten years’ experience in radio productions and advertising searching for an employer who needs a dedicated house engineer to serve as a liaison to venue clients and their sound teams.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.