Legal Receptionist Resume Objective
Legal receptionists inhabit several professional roles. In addition to performing clerical and customer service duties, they manage legal documents and assist attorneys. When applying for a legal receptionist position, you should craft a resume objective that highlights your legal, management and customer service experience. The objective is the first item that a prospective employer examines, and it is important for it to accurately represent your qualifications.
What the Legal Receptionist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Legal receptionists have a range of responsibilities, and employers are interested in applicants who have the means to succeed in each aspect of the position. Therefore, in your resume objective, call attention to prior work experiences and relevant skills. As clerical duties constitute a large portion of the profession, mention any experience you have answering phones, scheduling appointments, or drafting office memos. Other important skills to mention in your objective include the ability to process legal documents, use computer systems, utilize online databases, and interact with clients. Legal receptionists are also expected to have at least a general knowledge of laws and government regulations.
Sample Legal Receptionist Resume Objectives
When writing the objective, you should include the name of the company as a way of demonstrating your interest to a prospective employer.
1. Professional with academic background in law seeks legal receptionist position at ABC company to exercise customer service skills, technological savvy, and knowledge of office administration.
2. Searching for legal reception position at ABC company in the desire to utilize experience working with attorneys and performing clerical duties.
3. Self-reliant and motivated individual seeks legal receptionist position at ABC company to employ customer service experience and skills working with computer systems and legal documents.
4. Looking for an entry-level legal receptionist position at ABC company that allows for the use of an academic background in law and the development of customer service and clerical skills.
5. Professional with 10+ years of experience working in legal administration seeks position at ABC company to apply skills working with computers, interacting with clients, and performing clerical duties.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.