Geotechnical Engineer Resume Objective
The geotechnical engineering field is made up primarily of degreed professionals. Most come to the profession via a civil engineering program and many hold masters degrees. Regulated by the Academy of Professional Engineers, all geotechnical engineers working in the United States must be licensed as Professional Engineers, however there are some specializations including a Diplomate, Geotechnical Engineering certification.
Those who contribute to the field have provided the expertise necessary for major projects. Everything from skyscrapers to underground subway systems require the help of an engineer who specializes in natural materials, such as soil and rock. These materials work alongside engineered elements like concrete and steel, to provide the support and safety of everyday structures.
What the Geotechnical Engineer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Your objective statement is a great place to talk up accomplishments. Highlight a big project that you participated in and tout successes. Many elements of this job will include true field work, so know you will not be sitting behind a desk all day. For positions that require travel, or if you expect to participate in large scale projects, expect to be asked for security clearance documents. If you already have these in place, highlight that fact within your initial statement.
Sample Geotechnical Engineer Resume Objectives
1. D. GE with strong roadway construction experience seeks position within ABC Company to perform field density testing for embankments, retaining walls and partitions, and piping. Individual is a self-starter who is adept at working with clients and preparing bids or proposals.
2. ACI/ICC certified engineer available for immediate hire. Candidate holds necessary security clearances and provides insight into government projects that include boring exploration and laboratory testing.
3. Geotechnical Engineer EIT with 5 years’ experience seeks position with XYZ Company. Interested candidate is available immediately and holds a wealth of experience related to pile testing and test borings, soil density control, and test pits.
4. Academically experienced individual seeks position within the field of mining. Candidate holds MS degree in Geological Engineering with a focus on the design and construction of tailings and heap leach facilities.
5. Candidate has acquired strong background in foundations assessments and geotechnical subsurface investigations that would be of great benefit to ABC Company. Excellent communication skills and a civil engineering background make individual adept at managing others and working within a team environment.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.