Data Entry Clerk Resume Objectives
Data Entry Clerks are responsible for compiling and updating account and customer information for companies and organizations so that information is always current and relevant. An objective statement designed to encourage a prospective employer to read on to the rest of the resume will emphasize good organizational and communication skills, as well as keyboard experience.
What the Data Entry Clerk Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The position of Data Entry Clerk involves word processing, gathering information, managing files and records and operating a variety of office equipment. The position also requires an ability to communicate well with other personnel. The objective should highlight clerical skills as well as an eagerness to work as a member of successful organization. Emphasize what you would like to do for the company.
Sample Data Entry Clerk Objectives
The Data Entry Clerk objective should get right to the point in establishing your skills and experience in order to make you stand out as the best candidate for the job. The objective is the first opportunity for an employer to assess both your ability to do the job and your enthusiasm for the position. Be sure to include the name of the company in the objective. The following are a few examples of an objective statement:
1. Seeking a Data Entry Clerk position with ABC Company that will incorporate excellent keyboarding and communication skills with a keen sense of organization.
2. Looking to apply knowledge of word processing, file management and research skills to Data Entry Clerk position with ABC company.
3. Efficient information manager with excellent communication skills searching for a position as Data Entry Clerk with ABC company.
4. Organized keyboarder with experience with a wide variety of computer software and office equipment seeking a position with ABC company as Data Entry Clerk.
5. Detail-oriented information manager with excellent language skills looking for an opportunity to grow with ABC company.
Skills to Put in a Data Entry Clerk Resume Objective
Writing a strong data entry clerk resume helps you get the job of your choice. If you focus much of your energy on creating a powerful objective, you can improve your chances of success. A great objective should point out your top skills in data entry; employers want to see that you’re a match for the job opening.
One good strategy is to read through the job posting for the most wanted skills. Use these and incorporate other, more general job skills. Then, the employer will get a better idea of your chances of success in the data entry clerk role. Use additional skills from the field in your resume’s qualifications section. Here are some ideas for skills so you can start writing:
- Proficiency with popular computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to type at least 30 WPM
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to maintain data confidentiality and privacy
- Skilled at performing basic math calculations with accuracy and speed
- Strong reading comprehension ability and able to follow directions
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Capable of operating a multi-line phone system
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Understanding of spreadsheets, data processing, and file management
- Expert at managing time and prioritizing different projects
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.