Inside Sales Representative Resume Examples
Working as an inside sales representative can be personally and professionally rewarding. It can also be very lucrative. According to Glassdoor, some inside sales representatives receive up to $51,617 per year in cash compensation in addition to their base salaries. On this page, you’ll learn more about how our inside sales representative resume examples can help you earn your ideal job. You’ll also find section-by-section breakdowns of a successful resume’s essential elements.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Table of Contents
Resume Success Stories
What is a Inside Sales Representative?
Inside sales representatives work with current and prospective customers to sell them products and services. This type of sales representative works primarily in an office while communicating via phone, email and other remote media. They may “cold call” prospects, connect with qualified leads, or take incoming sales calls from potential buyers. Sales representatives often learn through on-the-job training and experience, and many jobs only require a high school diploma. However, roles selling more technical products may require a bachelor’s degree.
What Makes This a Great
Inside Sales Representative Resume Example?
Working as an inside sales representative can be a demanding yet rewarding career, as many in the field earn a living with pay more directly tied to performance. If you want to land one of these competitive jobs, LiveCareer can help. Our inside sales representative resume examples will inspire your writing and help you earn your next interview. Here’s how:
- Expert-crafted sample text: Our inside sales representative resume examples are made up of job-relevant phrases and terms handpicked by our certified resume writers. Our expert-crafted professional summaries, skill sections and work histories, include recruiter-attracting language like “Achieve 80% account retention rate” and “Converted average of five leads into paying customers per week.”
- Suggested resume formats: A resume’s format should highlight one’s most notable qualifications. This job seeker selected a chronological format with a dated work history located front and center. This is a great way to emphasize their long-term history in the field. For those less experienced, functional and combination formats are also options.
- Resume template choices: Selecting a striking resume template that’s also appropriate for the job you are applying to can help you stand out. In this example, the job seeker chose a template featuring a bold, blue header with well-used white space. This makes the resume both attention-grabbing and easy to read.
3 Inside Sales Representative Professional Summary Examples
A great professional summary starts your resume on the right foot. As an inside sales representative, it is an opportunity to highlight your unique sales achievements. LiveCareer’s resume examples demonstrate how to do this, and our resume builder’s suggestions offer phrasing options you can borrow and modify. The following three inside sales representative professional summaries are examples of what our builder may recommend for you:
- Results-oriented inside sales representative with over six years of experience in the consumer goods industry. Proven record of sales success including closing over $3 million in annual deals. Strong negotiation skills and understanding of customer needs.
- Eager inside sales representative with prior experience in the retail sales field. Dedicated learner ready to contribute to the success of a sales team in the manufacturing industry. Detail-oriented and goals-driven professional who diligently works to drive new business.
- Veteran inside sales representative who has contributed to teams in the enterprise products, technology and engineering industries. Over 13 years of experience and a strong skill set in business development, market analysis and customer acquisition. Dedicated team member with a focus on bottom-line outcomes.
3 Inside Sales Representative Work Experience Examples
As an inside sales representative job seeker, your work experience and sales achievements in prior positions can help you differentiate yourself. LiveCareer’s resume examples and resume builder suggestions will help you describe your experience more compellingly. Borrow our content or modify it with specific metrics to better suit your qualifications. These are some examples you may see in your builder:
- Received over 20 inbound sales leads per day and consistently achieved a conversion rate of over 50%.
- Managed a portfolio of over 500 enterprise customers that generated more than $600,000 per year.
- Prospected leads based on market research lists and qualified them using a scorecard system.
Top Skills for Your Inside Sales Representative Resume
Hiring managers are looking for inside sales representatives with specific skill sets. Including your most desirable and unique skills on your resume can help you get more interviews. LiveCareer’s inside sales representative resume examples and resume builder suggest industry-specific and sought-after skills you could include. Here are a few examples:
- Custom requirements analysis
- Identifying leads
- Deal closing
Building Your Inside Sales Representative Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Inside Sales Representative FAQs
- How do you describe sales on a resume?
- How do you list sales achievements on a resume?
- What is a good objective for a sales resume?
How do you describe sales on a resume?
Describe your previous sales performance for each position in the work history section. Include figures whenever possible. Either include numbers as percentages or dollar amounts, depending on which makes your case more compellingly and clear. Additionally, consider including your most significant sales achievements in your professional summary and/or summary of qualifications.
How do you list sales achievements on a resume?
Typically, inside sales representatives include sales achievements in two places: their professional summaries and work histories. In the former, highlight any particularly noteworthy accomplishments. In the latter, include your sales figures and achievements for each sales position. Consider also using noteworthy figures in a summary of qualifications if you are including one.
What is a good objective for a sales resume?
In most cases, applicants should include professional summaries on their resumes rather than an objective statement. A great professional summary should include your years of experience and any noteworthy sales achievements. Whenever possible, include sales figures. An exception to this rule is when one has very little experience or is making a major career transition. In these cases, write an objective statement explaining what excites you about finding an inside sales representative position.