Working in the fitness and beauty industry can mean being employed in a variety of industries, such as salons, spas or fitness studios. Build a resume that will help you get work in any setting! Whether you are looking for a position at a high-end salon or dream of teaching fitness at the local community center, our salon, spa, fitness resume template can help you get a foot in the door. From manicurist to fitness instructors, to massage therapists, our professionally designed resume templates will give ideas for polishing your resume. See the qualifications hiring managers are looking for and get noticed.
Select a resume template and customize
Salon, Spa, And Fitness Advice
Use salon, spa and fitness resume templates to see where you stand amid the competition. By reviewing them, every candidate curious about the industry can get an idea of what to do to solidify their credentials. Salon, spa and fitness resume templates provide examples of professional history, certifications and training, and highlight skills that impress hiring managers.
Resume Tips for Salon, Spa, And Fitness
Is landing a new job taking longer than you thought? Welcome to the new normal of the modern job market. Candidates need to more than apply to jobs — they need to have an edge over the competition. Here are a few tips to stand out when applying for jobs in salon, spa, and fitness.
1. Effectively utilize job boards by subscribing to job alerts on industry-specific job boards or sites that focus on regional or local job openings.
2. Build your personal online brand. Social media is another way to network. Recruiters and hiring managers are known to identify or find out more about prospective employees by scanning social media profiles.
3. Create a personal website, such as a blog or a portfolio. A personal website promotes the value you bring to a company, and it serves as a place to showcase your past work as an example of your expertise and skills.
4. Join local networking organizations or local chapters or national professional associations. Other professionals in your local area can connect you to job leads or give you insight into the job market.
5. Be patient. It’s natural to feel that a job hunt should feel like a sprint. However, it’s more like a marathon. Remember that the end goal—a new job—often takes persistence, patience and effectively using your time and energy.
Salon, Spa, And Fitness Job Seeking Tips
The modern job hunt requires candidates to network in-person and online, but a successful job hunt also requires your best foot forward on paper. Your resume convinces recruiters or hiring managers that you are the best candidate to interview among all the other applicants. Follow these tips for creating a winning resume for jobs in salon, spa, and fitness.
1. Describe your accomplishments using strong verbs. Words like “collaborated” or “chaired” are more powerful in describing your accomplishments rather than the words “managed” or “worked. ”
2. Emphasize transferrable skills when describing your job responsibilities. For example, it’s better to emphasize that you interacted with many departments to showcase your strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Write concisely. For the most part, resumes should follow the one-page resume rule and not include jobs that you had more than 15 years ago.
4. Customize your resume for each application for jobs in salon, spa, and fitness. This is doable by incorporating the keywords from the job description into your resume.
5. Include a “profile” or “summary of qualifications” section to sharpen the focus of your resume on your strengths and catch the attention of the reader, who is most likely a hiring manager scanning resumes for keywords.