Working in personal services can mean being employed in a variety of industries. From working in salons to spas to teaching at the local community center, our personal services resume template can help you get a foot in the door. Whether you are a manicurist, a fitness instructor, or a professional organizer, choose a personal services resume template for ideas on polishing your resume. Take a look to see which qualifications hiring managers might be looking for in any given profession. Review them to learn what skills and qualities to highlight and which keywords can help your resume get noticed.
Celebrity Personal Assistant
You may want to work in a spa or teach at the local community center. Perhaps your talents lean more toward manicures or helping people organize their finances. Personal services resume templates can give you broad ideas of what qualifications hiring managers might be looking for in any given profession. Reviewing them, a candidate can know what skills they possess which are beneficial, or what training or certification they should get.Create My Resume
Personnel Security Specialist
Finding jobs in personal services requires a positive attitude complemented with a full set of job-seeking skills. These tips can help you beat out the competition and land that next job in fulfilling your career goals.
1. Stay positive and motivated by keeping track of your applications, submitted resumes and networking events. It is important to measure your accomplishments so you can feel confident you are doing everything you can in your job search.
2. Be creative with your networking opportunities. Seek out events through Chambers of Commerce, business support groups, and even personal events. The next person you meet could connect you to the perfect job.
3. Promote a positive and professional image to help you find jobs in personal services. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites can be helpful in your search.
4. Review your skill set and determine if your talents can be transferable to different industries. New opportunities can open up if you begin to think about other types of companies you have previously not considered.
5. Don’t forget about job fairs. This type of event can be very valuable for job leads and for preparing to sell yourself in interviews.
Your resume needs to be top-notch to grab the attention of hiring managers. To help you find jobs in personal services, follow these do’s and don’ts to rise above the competition.
1. Do make your resume is as user-friendly as possible by considering a bulleted-style format. This design is great for focus and is attractive to potential employers. Bullets are also a good place to insert industry keywords so online resume screening programs can find your document.
2. Don’t use justified text blocks—make your type flush left. Justified text blocks can create odd spaces within your document which can make it appear unprofessional.
3. Do list your job information in an order that creates the most impact: Title/position, name of employer, city/state of employer, and dates of employment.
4. Don’t use phrases such as “Responsible for” or “Duties included. ” Instead, use action oriented verbs focusing on your accomplishments. This will create much more impact on hiring managers.
5. Do quantify your accomplishments whenever possible to help you find jobs in personal services. Using descriptions such as “designed four corporate blogs” or “managed a team of 15” gives specific information that makes a distinct impression.