Modern 1 Template Advice
Modern 1 Design
This modern resume template uses clean lines to separate the sections of your resume (summary, experience, education, etc.) and make it easy to read and scan. Add in your information'with help from our examples'to create a polished and professional resume that will help you land the interview and get hired.
Resume Tips for Modern 1 Template
Finding jobs usings a modern resume takes a certain set of skills combined with the right mindset to keep you on track. Follow the tips below and start taking the right kind of action.
1. Do some research. Figuring out which field or company would be the best fit for you will put you ahead of the game. Not to mention your knowledge about a potential employer can be an impressive asset to any interview.
2. Make a plan for your job search. Finding your next job can feel like an overwhelming process, and breaking it down into achievable goals and steps will help keep you organized. Do one thing each day that will help you meet these goals.
3. Keep an open mind. Try not to become attached to a specific outcome or deadline. Keeping an open mind to all possibilities will allow you to become more receptive to them.
4. Keep up with your networking. One of the best ways to seek help and advice is to reach out to any of your personal or professional contacts. These individuals can help guide you in the right direction, and you never know where you next lead may come from.
5. Maintain an online presence. Make use of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as they provide a vehicle for your professional profile.
Modern 1 Template Job Seeking Tips
When you are looking for jobs with a modern resume, remember that your resume will be your calling card. The do’s and don’ts listed below will help keep your resume in top shape.
1. Do not exceed two pages in your writing. Unless you are an academic or doctor who will be using curricula vitae (CVs), be sure to keep your writing under two pages by using clear and concise language.
2. Do align the text flush left and make use of bullet notes for listing items. Doing so will improve the clarity and readability of your resume.
3. Do not use generic language. Avoid words that are overly-used and will not add much meaning to your writing. Such phrases could include “hard-working” or “dedicated. ”
4. Do create a “Summary of Skills” section to introduce your work history. Doing so offers an at-a-glance view of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates. Create My Resume