Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
You should briefly explain in your summary statement why you are the best choice for the job. Use bullet points or paragraph form, and include keywords, phrases, and required skills relevant to the staff accountant position that the job description covers. It is essential to include the following:
• Job title and background experiences
• Two or three qualifications the employer lists
• Specific characteristics or qualities related to the opening
Here a few examples of well-written summary statements.
Summary Statement Example 1:
Staff accountant with extensive background in accounts receivables and payables, business financing, and fiscal operations. Demonstrates expertise in strategic planning and project management.
Summary Statement Example 2:
Staff accountant adept at business financing with over 10 years’ working experience. Accurate and proficient in multitasking and ability to communicate effectively with managers and clients.
Summary Statement Example 3:
Staff accountant with 18 years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of financial audit procedures. Expertise includes evaluation, review, monitoring, and communicating financial data to clients.
Summary Statement Example 4:
• Staff accountant with over 15 years of industry-proven expertise
• Extensive financial reporting and analysis background
• Proven expertise in analyzing and creating financial statements
Use the staff accountant resume template for Word to create an impressive summary.
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Link your expertise to the competency requirements of the role.
• Quantify your experiences by using metrics to measure your accomplishments.
• List six to eight skills that directly relate to the position description.
Here is a list of the top skills required for staff accountant positions that you should consider including:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel and Word
• Ability to multitask and function effectively in a team environment to meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented with expert tax law understanding
• Familiar with capital account maintenance and partnership entities
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Creative and flexible approach to problem solving
• Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Include position title, company, location, and duration.
• Describe responsibilities using action verbs.
• Use metrics to enhance specific job descriptions.
• Incorporate keywords and phrases from job listing.
• List five to eight bullet points for each position description.
Take a look at these excellent examples for the staff accountant work history section:
• Maintained client accounts, including analysis and reconciliation of trial balance sheets for all entities with monthly and annual close-outs.
• Prepared recurring journal entries and allocations such as month-end accruals, prepaid adjustments, and unrecorded liabilities.
• Developed procedures that emphasized best practices solutions and resulted in a savings of over $175,000 the first year.
• Created and implemented a new payroll data input template that increased efficiency and productivity by 35 percent.
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• List the most recent item first, followed by the rest in chronological order.
• Leave off the GPA unless you are a recent graduate.
• Include relevant licenses, certifications, and training.
Here are some great examples of the education section of a staff accountant resume:
Master of Science, Accounting Ð 2014
University of Oregon Ð Eugene, OR
Courses included: Job costing, accounting management, and balance sheet preparation
Bachelor of Science, Finance Ð 2012
University of Washington Ð Seattle, WA
Courses included: Financial analysis, managing collections and team leadership
Licenses: Certified Public Accountant
Bachelor of Science, Accounting Ð 2014
University of Texas Ð Austin, TX
Courses included: Business communication, computer applications, and statistics
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative