Table of Contents
Select a resume template and customize
Having a well-written resume is key when you are searching for a job that fully utilizes your skills and helps you achieve your career goals. The document you craft to promote your skills, knowledge and experience is the first thing a prospective employer will see, so it has to be impressive. Use this SQL developer resume template for Word and the associated writing guide for each section of your document to learn how to create your own fantastic resume. The document sections this guide will include are the summary statement and the skills, work and education sections.
Writing Your Summary Statement
As the first component of your resume readers see, your summary statement needs to be well thought out, impactful and concise. Look at the description of the job you are applying for to find keywords you can integrate into your summary statement. This will show you understand the requirements of the job and are a good fit for the position.
The acceptable format for a summary statement is either three bullet points or three sentences. It should include your present job title, no more than three top skills and positive job-related personality traits, accomplishments and expertise that sets you apart. Use this SQL developer resume template for Word to guide you to create a great summary statement of your own.
• SQL developer with successful software life-cycle experience
• Certified in database administration
• Analytical and detail oriented with C# and ETL extract experience
SQL developer leverages both technical and teamwork skills to make a positive impact. Knowledgeable regarding system maintenance, software improvements and optimization of database functionality. Certified in C++ and C# development.
• SQL developer adept at creating and modifying stored procedures for effectiveness
• Knowledgeable of system schema design, utilizing appropriate functional programs
• Proven effectiveness developing Microsoft enterprise and application databases with teams
SQL developer with advanced analytical skills experienced in optimizing operational databases. Creates detailed and useable documentation for both technical staff and end users. Seasoned presenter of applications development subjects to a wide variety of technical and management staff.
Writing Your Skills Section
In the skills section, your potential employer can quickly and easily see what sets you apart from the pack of jobseekers. Study this SQL developer resume template for Word for skills section examples. Here are some important tips to remember when writing your skills section:
• Include only five to eight bulleted entries
• List your most important and relevant skills first
• Save details about your skills for the work experience section
Typical skills for the SQL job title are:
• Broad experience with a wide variety of development platforms
• Strong MSSQL proficiency
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to leverage several software languages with SQL
• Strong batch file manager and application designer
• Collaborative worker with a team focus
Writing Your Work History Section
It is important to refer to the SQL developer resume template for Word in order to see the best document writing practices enacted. Your work history is the support for all other sections for your resume, so it needs to be detailed and explanatory.
• For each job, include your position title, the company you worked for and its location, and the duration of your employment
• Use five to eight bullet points of experience detail for each job
• Liberally use action verbs when detailing your job responsibilities and achievements
• Make sure to include keywords from the job posting in your work experience points
Here are some examples of work history entries:
• Deployed database applications, upgrades and modifications throughout the life-cycle of the system
• Maintained the entire database system through collaboration with support analysts, code testers and management staff
• Activated code and provided full support during the integration process, assuring uneventful system transitions
• Spearheaded the overall improvement of the system by utilizing user feedback
Writing Your Education Section
Provide guidelines to writing an education section that is easy to read and address why it might be more important for some professions/experience levels than others. Look at the SQL developer resume template for Word for a visual guide.
• Do not list your grade point average on your resume unless you are a recent graduate
• List your most recent degree or certification first
• Only list education that is relevant to the position you are seeking
Master of Science in Information Management – 2015
Saint Mary’s University – Winona, Minnesota
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – 2011
Ohio State University – Cleveland, Ohio
Advanced SQL Developer Certification – 2015
Microsoft Certification in Database Development – 2013
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering – 2012
The University of California – San Francisco, California