Table of Contents
Resumes are vital tools when looking for new work. Many times, you will not get a chance to meet a hiring manager in person before the interview, so this is your chance to show what you are capable of. It is simpler than ever before to craft a properly formatted application with our overnight stocker resume template for Word. A lot of information you need to know about writing the summary statement, skills, education and work history sections is provided right here.
Writing Your Summary Statement
Should your summary statement include information about your experiences or your skills? The answer is both. It needs to provide a succinct overview of your talents so hiring managers feel like reading the rest of the document will be worth their time.
You can have a short list of three points in this section. However, you could also use a short paragraph. Create your own outstanding summary statement containing the below points with the aid of the overnight stocker resume template for Word.
* Your title
* Your most relevant skillset
* Your general personality
Here are some examples to get your mind on the right path.
Professional overnight stocker with four years of experience working in a stockroom. Highly organized to keep records accounted for. Exceptional strength to lift over 70 pounds and operate heavy machinery.
* Organized overnight stocker with six years’ experience in the industry
* Friendly personality to interact with general public when needed
* Excel at remaining on task and getting everything completed during a shift
Motivated overnight stocker with a decade of experience working for large retailers in the area. Team player and able to coordinate responsibilities with others to get tasks done. Able to ensure everything remains in compliance with latest safety regulations.
* Efficient overnight stocker with three years of experience
* Knowledge to operate forklifts and conveyor belts
* Excellent communication skills to convey information to coworkers and customers
Writing Your Skills Section
There are likely a lot of skills you could use for the skills section, which is located at the beginning of the page on the overnight stocker resume template for Word. To narrow your focus, pay attention to what skills would be most advantageous to the position you are applying for. You can find what skills would be good to include by reviewing the company’s job description again to see if the hiring manager has mentioned anything. Other good tips include:
* Emphasize transferable skills, especially if you have never worked this type of position before
* Highlight skills you plan on using in the future
* Avoid skills that could be related to controversial subjects, such as religious or political viewpoints
Skills that would work well on an overnight stocker resume include:
* Able to lift up to 60 pounds
* Capable of installing, handling and positioning various objects
* Excellent vision
* Time management skills
* Knowledge of using forklifts and pallet trucks
* Dependable and cooperative
Writing Your Work History Section
A lot of space is allotted on the overnight stocker resume template for Word for the work experience section. This portion contains the most bullet points out of anything else on the document, and it also needs to go into the most detail about your previous work history. The following tips will make this section even better.
* Avoid using personal pronouns and stick with starting every bullet point with a strong verb
* Verbs need to be in the past tense if you no longer work there or present tense if you are still employed
* Quantify when you can so the reader has a better understanding of what you did in past positions
* In general, you should think in terms of accomplishments when writing this section
Here are several examples of good bullet points to put on a stocker’s resume.
* Unpack items in the company’s warehouse, following the alphabetical system so everything can be located efficiently
* Examine items to locate damage, discovering several hundred pieces of damage every year, and report findings to management
* Clean warehouse regularly by sweeping floors and washing windows to keep everyone safe
* Recommend product purchases to supervisor based on what items are selling well
Writing Your Education Section
A portion of the overnight stocker resume template for Word is dedicated to the applicant’s education. This is done for good reason. While there may not be any mandatory education requirements for stocker positions, it can be helpful to mention what you do have just in case it catches a hiring manager’s eye. Helpful tips for discussing your education include:
* Start with your most recent education first and go backward
* Leave out high school information unless you are presently in or have already graduated from college
* If you are still in school, then you can talk about sports or clubs you are in
High School Diploma – 2014
Costa Mesa High School
Valid Driver’s License
Associate’s Degree in Business – In Progress
South Bay Community College
Member of the California Association of Young Businessmen