Create a Winning Document With our Line Cook Resume Template for Word
Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
• Position title and expertise
• Two or three job-relevant skills
• A qualification directly related to the position
The line cook resume template for Word and these well-written examples can help you create an engaging summary statement:
Line cook with five years of experience in Middle Eastern cuisine. Possesses an extensive background in cooking poultry and seafood, creating sauces, and following recipes and directions with meticulous detail. Proven ability to improve cooking processes and increase productivity.
Passionate and dynamic line cook with an exemplary customer service record and a model attitude. Adept at maintaining professional working relationships with patrons and other staff members.
Line cook with three years' experience. Demonstrated ability to prepare food and workstations while maintaining food quality and presentation. Proficient at multi-tasking in fast-paced, high-volume environments.
• Over three years’ background in the culinary industry
• Works well independently with minimal supervision
• Able to maintain a clean and sanitary work area
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Keep this section general.
• Include five to seven skills that directly relate to the posting.
• List the most significant qualifications first.
Following is a list of top skills required for line cook positions that you should consider including in your resume:
• Highly competent in seasoning and preparing menu items
• Advanced culinary knife skills
• Exceptional knowledge of menu preparation ingredients
• Proven record of arranging, garnishing, and serving dishes to patrons
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Proficient in ensuring freshness of uncooked food
• Strong ability to teach innovative cooking techniques to the staff
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.Get Started Today!
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Use metrics to measure your accomplishments.
• Include the job title, duration, company, and location.
• Add five to eight bullets for each position.
• Incorporate language, phrases, and keyword from the job posting.
• Use action verbs to describe and personalize your achievements.
Here are a few examples of line cook job descriptions for the work history section:
• Developed and implemented procedures to track food costs more efficiently, resulting in over a $2,000 decrease in monthly food waste.
• Created and recommended new menu item recipes to the head chef.
• Reorganized food station processes to streamline cooking, increasing productivity by 15 percent.
• Prepared lunch and dinner menu items in 100-seat fine dining Italian restaurant.
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Start with your most recent education, and then list the rest chronologically.
• Include volunteer positions, training, and seminars.
• Unless you are a recent graduate, leave off your GPA.
Here are a few good examples of the education section of a line cook resume.
Associate in Applied Sciences, Culinary Art – 2009
Portland Community College – Portland, OR
Courses included: Breakfast preparation, fine dining service, and advanced menu analysis
Internship: Chef Apprenticeship Program – 2009
Portland Community College – Portland, OR
Associate of Arts, Liberal Studies – 2012
New Orleans Community College – New Orleans, LA
Courses included: Food science, basics of nutrition, and food and beverage operations
Certification: Food Handlers Certification - 2012
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative