Law Enforcement And Security Resume Template for Microsoft Word
Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
• Your current position title
• Vital skills
• Impressive accomplishments
Use the law enforcement and security resume template for Word to help you create a standout summary section, like the examples below.
Summary Section Example 1:
Chief of Police with over 20 years of experience in law enforcement. Currently supervise over 100 employees. Use monitoring, problem solving and communication skills on a daily basis to schedule, train and reprimand employees.
Summary Section Example 2:
• Police Dispatcher with three years’ experience
• Use medical dispatcher training to give medical advice over the phone
• Communicate clearly thanks to listening, speaking and critical thinking skills
Summary Section Example 3:
Law Enforcement Officer with seven years of experience in the field. Regulate traffic, patrol area and arrest violators. Use critical thinking and monitoring skills to assess potentially dangerous situations.
Summary Section Example 4:
• Campus Security Guard with 10 years of experience
• Interim security manager for six months
• Have solid understanding of campus policies and monitoring
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Include only the most relevant five or seven skills.
• Use bullet points to make the section easy to read.
• Keep each point brief and to the point.
If you need ideas of skills to include in a resume for a law enforcement and security position, you can review the following examples.
Remember to only include information that is relevant to your experience.
• Proficient with crime mapping software and Microsoft Visio
• Active listener
• Service orientation
• Social perception
• Knowledge of court proceedings
• Problem-solving and decision-making
• Instructing and leadership
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Include the last 15 to 20 years of experience
• Use a reverse chronological order
• Include two to three points under each position about quantifiable accomplishments
• Incorporate strong verbs and keywords from the job description
Even when you use the law enforcement and security resume template for Word, you may still want to look at the following example of a complete work history section.
Chief of Summerville Police Department / 2006ÐPresent / Summerville, SC
• Establish departmental goals
• Cut quarterly budget by five percent
• Manage 200+ law enforcement agents
Criminal Investigations Division Commander / Summerville Police Department / 2001Ð2006 / Summerville, SC
• Oversaw 20 investigators in criminal investigations department
• Wrote training material for new detectives
Sergeant of Criminal Investigations / Summerville Police Department / 1999Ð2001 / Summerville, SC
• Supervised a shift of six detectives in the criminal investigations department
• Implemented training for new detectives
• Assigned tasks to detectives to avoid overlap
Detective / Summerville Police Department / 1996Ð1999 / Summerville SC
• Led 100+ investigations over the course of detective career
• Improved efficiency by 20 percent by implementing new report-keeping software
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Only include GPA if you are a recent graduate.
• It is okay to leave the date off of your education if it took place some time ago.
• Do not include high school education if you have college experience.
• Start with your most recent and highest level of education and work your way backwards.
• Include all relevant education, such as degrees, trainings, certifications and seminars.
Here is an example of a complete education section for a law enforcement and security resume:
University of Charleston / MBA Business Administration
Semi-Annual In-Service Law Enforcement Training
Blue Collar Investigation Training
Homicide Investigation Training
South Carolina Justice Academy Certification
Law Enforcement Training Academy
Minnesota State University / BA Law Enforcement
Minor in Criminal Justice
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative