Insurance Resume Template for Microsoft Word
Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
• Current professional title
• Specific accomplishments or expertise
• Two or three of your tops skills
Use the examples below and the insurance resume template for Word to learn how to write your own statement.
Summary Statement Example 1:
Insurance Analyst with four years of experience in the insurance industry. Improved data collection by designing new spreadsheet. Used information ordering, problem solving and critical thinking while writing and examining insurance policies.
Summary Statement Example 2:
Insurance Agent with a decade of experience writing policies. Actively listen to customers, explain policies and coordinate different policies to create the best coverage for each client.
Summary Statement Example 3:
• Account Underwriter for the past year
• Senior year internship at Global Insurance
• Judge problems and make quick decisions for solid complex problem solving
Summary Statement Example 4:
• Claims Adjustor with 15 years’ experience in insurance industry
• Compile information about claims by interviewing experts, assessing coverages and calculating potential payments
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Use bullet points to make the section easy to read.
• Include five to seven concise points.
• Incorporate keywords found in the job description to make yourself a clear candidate.
• Keep all of your points relevant to the industry and your skill set.
The following skills are specific to the insurance industry.
You can use the examples that fit your professional history.
• Proficient in LexisNexis RiskWise, QwikQuote Software and Agency Management Systems AMS 360
• Contract negotiation
• Systems analysis
• Problem sensitivity
• Social perceptiveness
• Decision making
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Include two to three points about your quantifiable accomplishments for each section.
• Use a reverse chronological order starting with the most recent experience.
• Keep your work history within the last 15 to 20 years.
Review this complete work history sample as you write your resume.
Underwriter Manager / Global Insurance / 2012ÐPresent / Cleveland, OH
• Develop teaching programs and write manuals
• Hold bimonthly seminars to keep staff up-to-date on insurance regulations and legislation
• Monitor 100+ employees
Senior Insurance Underwriter / Mega Insurance / 2009Ð2012 / Akron, OH
• Supervised 12 insurance underwriter trainees and underwriters
• Brought in new business through networking
Insurance Underwriter / Mega Insurance / 2006Ð2009 / Akron, OH
• Designed filing system that increased efficiency by 25 percent
• Assisted in the training of insurance underwriter trainees
Insurance Underwriter Trainee / Mega Insurance / 2005Ð2006 / Akron, OH
• Reviewed 15 applications in an average week
• Collaborated with senior insurance writer to design more efficient data-keeping system
• Promoted to underwriter after nine months
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Only recent graduates need to include the GPA.
• If you graduated more than 20 years ago, you may not need to include the date.
• Put your most recent and relevant education first and work backwards from there.
• Include all applicable education, such as degrees, trainings, certifications, designations and seminars.
Here is an example of a complete insurance education section.
- Cleveland State University / MBA Business Administration / 2012
- The Institute’s Associate in Commercial Underwriting / 2010
- The Institute’s Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter Designation / 2009
- The Institute’s Underwriter Training Program / 2006
- Carlow University / BA Business Management / 2005
- Minor in Mathematics
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative