Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Summary Statement Example 1:
IT project manager with over 11 years of experience in information technologies. Monitor and coordinate project milestones to ensure timely completion. Use strong communication skills and critical thinking to create informative reports.
Summary Statement Example 2:
• Five years’ experience as an instructional designer
• Assess website designs to give tips on improvement
• Communicate effectively through writing, speaking and listening skills
Summary Statement Example 3:
• Network analyst with seven years of experience designing and implementing computer information networks
• Analyze needs and systems to create networks that fulfill requirements of the company
• Keep supervisors up to date with written and verbal communications
Summary Statement Example 4:
Information technology consultant with four years of experience analyzing, testing and troubleshooting existing network systems. Use reading comprehension and critical thinking to better understand job specifications for each client.
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Stick to the top five to seven relevant skills.
• Carefully read through the job description to figure out what skills are important to the position.
• Keep each listed skill as brief as possible.
• Use bullet points to make the section easy to read for busy hiring managers.
You can use the computers and technology resume template for Word to help you create a standout section.
Look through these computer and technology skill samples and incorporate any that are relevant to you in your own resume.
• Proficient in SAP software, Apache Maven and Spring Framework
• Systems upgrading and maintenance
• Complex problem-solving
• Deductive and inductive reasoning
• Quality control analysis
• Fluent in C++, Java and Python
• Performance optimization
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.Get Started Today!
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Use a reverse chronological order.
• Avoid including experience older than 15 or 20 years, unless it is highly relevant.
• List two to three bullet points that highlight your quantifiable accomplishments for each position.
Review these sample work sections:
IT Director / 2013-Present / Sioux Falls, SD
• Direct the work of 150 employees in the IT department
• Negotiate contracts with vendors to save company money
IT Project Manager / 2012-2013 / Minneapolis, MN
• Implemented new project management software that increased department efficiency by 15 percent
• Reviewed the work of network analysts to ensure everything met customer specifications
• Scheduled and monitored 12 employees
Lead Analyst / 2006-2012 / Lawrence, KS
• Evaluated role of IT systems to increase efficiency by 50 percent
• Wrote instruction manuals that improved training of analysts
Network Analyst / 2002-2006 / Bloomington, MN
• Customized and installed new network for company
• Added new functionality to existing computer systems and saved thousands of dollars
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Use a reverse chronological order with your highest level of education first.
• Only use dates if the education took place in the last 20 years.
• You do not need to include the GPA unless you are a recent graduate.
• Include any degrees, certifications, licenses, training or seminars that are relevant to the position
Here is an example of a complete education section for computers and technology:
University of Minnesota / MBA Computer Science / 2011
Leadership Training / 2006
University of Minnesota / BA Management Information Systems / 2002
Minor in Business Administration
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative