Community And Public Service Resume Template for Microsoft Word
Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Summary Statement Example 1:
Emergency communications operator with seven years’ experience dispatching police, firemen and EMT. Use strong communication, social perception and critical thinking to solve problems for scared individuals. Upgraded important software to increase department’s efficiency.
Summary Statement Example 2:
• Foster care social worker with 15 years of experience
• Founded annual counseling session for potential foster parents
• Strong communication, decision-making and time management skills
Summary Statement Example 3:
Vocational rehabilitation administrator with over a decade of experience. Regularly assessed personnel needs for clients and made suggestions for new employees. Able to coordinate, plan and analyze needs of individuals and organizations.
Summary Statement Example 4:
• Nurse manager since 2002
• Able to communicate clearly and think critically while solving staffing issues
• Hired and trained new nursing staff
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Tie your skills back to the job at hand by incorporating keywords found in the job description.
• Keep your resume to the point by including your top five to seven skills and keeping each point brief.
• Only discuss skills you will be able to substantiate in your experience section.
Here is a list of some important skills related to community and public service.
Incorporate the ones that are relevant to you in your own document.
• Proficient with PointClickCare software
• Training and teaching others
• Contract negotiation
• Operations analysis
• Complex problem-solving
• Time management
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Start with your most current job and work backwards through relevant positions.
• List two to three bullet points focusing on quantifiable accomplishments.
• Keep your experience section engaging by incorporating strong action words like those found in the job description.
Use the following examples as you fill out the community and public service resume template for Word:
Training Administrator / 2013-Present / Greenville, SC
• Maintain training of 20+ dispatcher supervisors
• Annually assess training procedures for effectiveness
• Designed new online learning modules that increased training effectiveness by 20 percent
Dispatcher Supervisor / 2008-2013 / Boston, MA
• Regularly evaluated 18 dispatchers to assess training needs
• Collaborated with other supervisors to create a functional schedule for 300+ dispatchers and supervisors
Senior Dispatcher / 2006-2008 / Chicago, IL
• Reviewed calls of junior dispatchers and gave advice for improvement
• Answered 20 calls during an average shift
911 Dispatcher / 2004-2006 / Columbia, SC
• Created a spreadsheet to make note-keeping during calls more efficient
• Gave basic medical advice over the phone when necessary
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• List your highest level of and most recent education first.
• Unless you graduated recently, listing your GPA is not necessary.
• If you have college experience, do not include information about high school.
• List any degrees, certifications, seminars and trainings that are relevant to the job at hand.
Here is an example of an education section for the community and public service industry:
University of South Carolina Upstate / BA Business Administration / 2012
Emergency Number Professional Certification / 2007
Emergency Medical Technician Training / 2006
Emergency Medical Dispatcher Certification / 2005
Basic Telecommunications and 911 Training / 2004
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative