Table of Contents
Select a resume template and customize
A resume doesn’t have to be another mundane obstacle in the application process. By planning ahead and gathering fresh ideas, you can create a document that you’ll be itching to present to employers. Because recruiters usually flip through resumes quickly, it is crucial to get your top accomplishments and skills on the table through the most succinct delivery possible. To write a document similar to our branch manager resume template for Word, read the following tips. Here, you can also learn how to hone your summary statement, skills, work history and education sections.
Writing Your Summary Statement
A summary statement is more than the beginning of your resume. It is the first part employers read and is often seen as the most important aspect of your document. Steer your readers towards your main professional attractions by catering to the keywords found in the job description.
Make sure your statement is short and focused by writing a three-sentence paragraph or three bullet points. Also include the following information:
• Hard and soft skills (such as typing speed and strong leadership abilities)
• Your overall impact — how can you contribute to the team?
• More sentence fragments than long sentences
Now, look to our branch manager resume template for Word to grab hold of the job you’ve been dreaming about.
Diligent branch manager with 8 years of experience in branch banks. Skilled in financial analysis and credit management software. Excellent social skills with a strong background in recruiting staff members and enhancing employee development.
• Versatile branch manager ready to take the next step in the banking industry
• Experienced in creating a safe yet challenging environment for employees
• Keen focus on new and long-term clients
Highly skilled branch manager with 10 years’ experience in banking management. Equipped with innovative tactics in branch development and building and retaining a customer base. Energetic and goal-oriented, with loan goals ranging from 8-20%.
• Passionate branch manager with 5 years’ experience in banking
• Skilled in bank security and accuracy
• Centered on employee and customer satisfaction
Writing Your Skills Section
Your skills section is an opportunity to highlight other valuable traits you possess. Employers look for skills that will be useful to the position at hand, so it is vital to include only those that are applicable. As in the branch manager resume template for Word, let your reader know you are qualified right off the bat. Here’s what you need:
• Skills that are transferable to the position (especially if you are lacking in experience)
• Brief phrasing without periods at the end
• A focus — don’t include skills you aren’t interested in continuing in future jobs!
Below, you’ll find a list of top skills in branch management:
• Trained in branch supervision and employee coaching
• Focused on client relations and satisfaction
• Familiar with software such as Oracle E-Business Suite Financials
• Energetic, with engaging presentation skills
• Capable of maintaining monthly loan goals
• High customer service ratings
• Respectful and attentive to all employees and clients
Writing Your Work History Section
Your work history section should take special time and attention, as it is the place where employers search for validity and qualifications. Exhibited in the branch manager resume template for Word are specific positions that pertain to the job being applied to. Consider what experiences you have that are relevant, and follow these tips for assistance:
• List job descriptions in 5-8 bullet points
• Repeat exact keywords found in the job description
• Organize job history and use positions most similar to the one currently sought
• Use quantifiable numbers when you can
• Mix it up by listing different duties, responsibilities and contributions
Here are some great examples of descriptions you may find in a branch manager work history section:
• Built a team of honest, hardworking employees to carry out branch needs
• Set weekly goals for the branch, including loan goals and deposit growth
• Helped maintain a yearly 95% customer satisfaction rate
• Carried out compliance audits and trained head tellers in audit operations
Writing Your Education Section
Depending on the type of job, employers may pay close attention to your education section. Your education should be listed concisely, much like the other sections in your resume. To write a successful piece similar to the one shown in the branch manager resume template for Word, review the following guidelines:
• List your education in reverse chronological order
• Include certificates, organizations or clubs that may be valuable to the position
• Only include your GPA if you have recently graduated
Here are some ideal entries for a branch manager education section:
Bachelor of Accounting: Financial Management – 2016
Nevada State College – Henderson, NV
Courses included: Business management and administration, financial management and investment analysis
Bachelor of Computing: Financial Management – 2015
Southern Utah University – Cedar City, UT
Courses included: Introduction to banking, advanced management and administration theory and practice
Certifications: Certified Trust and Financial Planner – 2015
Utah Bankers Association – Salt Lake City, UT