Administrative Support Resume Template for Microsoft Word
Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Summary Statement Example 1:
Proactive and highly-skilled administrative assistant with six years of hands-on expertise in diverse office environments. Works collaboratively with other team members and communicates effectively with management and peers. Proven success in using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and QuickBooks.
Summary Statement Example 2:
• Enthusiastic and motivated administrative assistant with exceptional ability to perform clerical tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven customer service acumen
• Solid academic and professional achievements with capability to support executives
Summary Statement Example 3:
• Results-oriented administrative assistant with strong track record of developing and maintaining positive relationships with coworkers and clients
• Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
Summary Statement Example 4:
• Energetic administrative assistant with demonstrated ability to facilitate events
• Highly proficient computer skills in all aspects of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Expert communicator with multitasking talents and the ability to complete assignments ahead of schedule
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Limit bullet points to your top five to seven industry-relevant skills for the targeted position.
• Borrow language and keywords from the job description to relate requirements with your expertise.
• Summarize each qualification briefly and concisely.
Following is a list of skills that you might consider adopting when filling out the administrative support resume template for Word:
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and QuickBooks
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Expert record maintenance, events and travel coordination, and inventory management
• Superior talent for greeting customers and managing multicultural interactions
• Arranges travel for executive leadership
• Takes meeting minutes and transcribes dictation accurately and promptly
• Handles correspondence and responds to customer requests
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
Administrative Assistant at Pacific Industries / 2011 Ð Present / Portland, OR
• Organized travel schedules and booked reservations for all levels of executive leadership.
• Scheduled and confirmed meetings and appointments, resulting in a 15% increase in productivity and revenue.
• Created and implemented processes for automated distribution of regular internal electronic mail.
Office Coordinator at Cook Corporation / 2009 Ð 2011 / Salem, OR
• Maintained inventory and ordered supplies to streamline office productivity.
• Achieved Employee of the Month award for three months in a row.
Office Assistant at Green Star / 2008 Ð 2009 / Hillsboro, OR
• Greeted visitors and resolved problems.
• Utilized statistics and other data to support research activities.
• Reorganized front desk procedures, decreasing customer wait times by 25%.
Administrative Clerk at Comcast Communications / 2007 Ð 2008 / Beaverton, OR
• Designed new strategies for responding to complaints, increasing retention by 30%.
• Prepared and proofread reports, correspondence, and invoices before distribution.
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Place your highest level of education first, then any others in chronological order.
• List the most recent seminar or training session you attended.
• Leave off your GPA unless you recently graduated.
Follow our administrative support resume template for Word as a guide for help writing this section.
Associate in Applied Sciences / Portland, OR
Portland Community College / General Education / 2005 Ð 2007
Certified Administrative Assistant / Portland, OR
International Association of Administrative Professionals / 2007
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative