Our finance resume template set can take the guesswork out of the job search for candidates in finance and accounting sectors. Use these templates to divide your profile into distinct sections that highlight your academic accomplishments, relevant experience, credentials and certifications. When you organize your background according to an established format, your readers can easily find the information they need. Keep in mind that in this demanding field some employers review a resume for less than five minutes before making the decision to call the candidate in for an interview. Make sure your document sets you apart from the crowd.
Select a resume template and customize
Degrees in finance can be specific and still open many doors. Banks, non-profit enterprises, the private sector, entrepreneurship and more are all on the table. Finance resume templates are a sound way to investigate the field, to see what hiring managers are looking for in specific sectors and what content should be used to catch their attention.
Resume Tips for Finance
Finding jobs in finance can be made easier with a positive attitude and a polished set of job-seeking skills. Follow these recommendations to make your search more productive and efficient in acquiring a new job.
1. Always be prepared for your interviews by bringing important items such as notebooks and pens, extra copies of your resume, letters of recommendation and/or references, and copies of licenses and transcripts.
2. Network constantly. For a more efficient search for jobs in finance, utilize both online and in person events to get your name out there and showcase your best assets for the most job leads.
3. Thank you notes are not only polite but are an effective strategy in your job search. It will give the interviewer or other person who has helped you in your search a positive impression, providing one more chance to sell your qualifications.
4. Research current salary ranges for positions that you are applying for. This not only gives you an appropriate expectation, but can also help you from committing costly errors when negotiating your salary.
5. Practice your interview techniques to make you the most confident and comfortable. From proper eye contact to body language and listening skills, hiring managers are not only paying attention to your verbal responses, but also your nonverbal communication.
Finance Job Seeking Tips
The importance of having a highly polished resume cannot be understated. It represents your unique “calling card” and needs to showcase your knowledge, skills and abilities well. Follow these tips to take the next step in your career and help you to find jobs in finance.
1. Add a keyword section that is relevant for the types of jobs that you are applying for. This provides sharp focus and catches the attention of even the most discerning hiring managers.
2. Proofread your resume with a ruthless eye. Word processing programs are by no means thorough and you need to check for any misspellings or grammar errors.
3. It is no longer considered favorable to include an objective statement on your resume. Potential employers often do not read it, and these sections have typically been vague and not very helpful.
4. Put experience before education on your resume unless you are a recent college graduate. You can typically put education second after about 12-18 months after graduation.
5. If you have no paid experience, use all related internships, volunteer work you have performed, certifications and campus activity positions. This will help in your search for jobs in finance.