Employers in the IT field usually look for the same standard qualifications, like relevant experience and a formal education the matches the needs of the position. But hiring managers in this area also like to see information regarding IT certifications and specific areas of expertise, like cybersecurity or app development. This computers-technology resume template set can help you position your qualifications in ways that stand out and set you apart from the competition. Organize your document using this layout and your most critical achievements will stay in the spotlight where they belong and grab the attention they deserve.
Select a resume template and customize
Computers Or Technology Advice
Review a few computers and technology resume templates to see what the industry is impressed by. These templates will highlight the education, experience and skills that candidates need to find themselves at the top of a hiring manager’s list.
Resume Tips for Computers Or Technology
Instead of a job hunt, a more fitting description is a job rollercoaster. The job-hunting process is a series of emotional highs—like getting an interview—to emotional lows—like not hearing back from a potential employer. However, the following job tips can help turn your search for jobs in computers or technology into opportunities to build your career skills:
1. Make a job-hunting plan. Purposeful planning makes you accountable and helps you see progress. Your career situation—new college graduate, recently unemployed or employed but actively looking—determines how much time you should dedicate for a productive search.
2. Join local chapters of professional associations. Local contacts can help with connecting you to job leads or share insight into ways you can grow your skills in your desired career.
3. Build your social media presence. That means doing more than having a nice profile picture. Consider sharing articles or commenting on industry trends. More often than not, employers screen the online footprint of potential candidates, so make sure your online presence gives the impression you want to make.
4. Conduct informational interviews with professionals in your desired career. This is especially helpful to those making a career transition. The research can give you a better idea of the skills needed for jobs in computers or technology.
5. Take ownership of your job search. The job-hunting buck stops with you, so don’t give up, especially when landing a new job takes longer than the desired timeframe.
Computers Or Technology Job Seeking Tips
Your resume is a snapshot of your skillset and career level and needs to grab the attention of the reader—who is most likely a recruiter or hiring manager. In other words, your resume is the key to getting a job interview. The following tips can help you craft a winning resume for jobs as a computers or technology.
1. Customize your resume for each job application. One way to achieve this is by incorporating keywords from the job description. A targeted resume immediately shows a potential employer the value you bring to the company.
2. Place a “profile” or “summary of qualifications” section at the top of your resume. These sections sharpen the focus of your resume.
3. Focus on your accomplishments. It’s natural to list your job responsibilities in your job history, but your achievements do a better job of conveying the value you bring to jobs in computers or technology.
4. Tell your accomplishments through numbers. Sales growth percentage, the number of people you supervised or the budget amount you managed provides a more comprehensive understanding of your skillset.
5. Incorporate reader-friendly design elements like a bulleted list or appropriate white space.