Fast-learning recent college graduate enthusiastic about working in a hospital or clinic setting.
Additional Major in Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.7/4.0 - Dean's List 2009 - 2013
Member of American Medical Association for Students
Intercollegiate Club Sports: Ultimate Frisbee (2009-2011)
Prepared patient rooms prior to their arrival. Escorted patients and their families to pre/post-surgery rooms, including transferring patients in and out of wheelchairs and adaptive equipment. Helped patients prepare for surgery. Assisted PACU nurses with patient care.and companionship to clients.
• Created conference presentation materials regarding research related to the study of patient-centered interviewing and the provider-patient relationship to create positive health outcomes.
• Studying human behavior and function by localizing brain activity using computer programs, FMRI, and other brain imaging technology. Duties include: writing new experimental scripts for computer programs, running participants through experiments, handling brain imagining technology, and analyzing experimental data.
• Studying the effect that sleep has on memory consolidation and learning. Duties include: running participants through experiments, coding experimental data, using brain imaging technology to highlight brain activity during sleep.
• Upcoming Presenter for the UURAF at Michigan State University (University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum) and the MUPRC (Michigan Undergraduate Psychology Research Conference).
• Emergency Room Assistant – In addition to assisting staff with patients, duties also included keeping treatment rooms clean and stocked and running errands to pharmacy, labs and admitting.
• Radiology Assistant - Assist technologists with patient x-rays and mixing solutions.
Provided fun and positive T-ball instruction to preschool boys and girls, developed creative ways to introduce fundamental skills, and led participants in both large and small group settings.
Preschool and Elementary Summer Day Camp Leader.
Program pairs Michigan State University Honors Students with academically excelling elementary school Students. Currently one-on-on mentor to a first grade student at Parkview Elementary in Charlotte, Michigan.
Program assisting children with cognitive/physical disabilities play adaptive baseball. Duties include: setting up baseball fields, assisting players and coaches, leading games and providing live on-field commentary for each game.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital Volunteer - Surgery Center Escort and Assistant resume example in Chanhassen, Minnesota ?
This is an actual resume example of a Volunteer - Surgery Center Escort and Assistant who works in the Medical Assistance and Support Industry. LiveCareer has 252168 Medical Assistance and Support resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.