Billion-dollar sales and business development leader who designs and deploys high yield strategies that accelerate revenue and market share in highly competitive healthcare markets. An energetic, collaborative professional, adept at mobilizing multidimensional, cross-functional teams to deliver on aggressive targets. Skilled in launching and driving game-changing business units, capabilities, products and brands that achieve market leadership. Recognized for creating innovative solutions for achieving competitive advantage through best practices in sales and team performance. Combines an approachable, engaging style, deep subject matter expertise in healthcare sectors, with a competitive and determined mindset to deliver results in key performance areas.
Multinational biotherapeutics manufacturer with multiple business units and operating divisions focused on delivering life-saving and life-sustaining products, including blood plasma, immunoglobulin, vaccines, and other products.
King of Prussia, PA
US DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING, INFLUENZA
Recruited based on industry knowledge and prior success to launch US influenza vaccine business unit in a heavily competitive and established market as part of CSL's mission-critical growth strategy. Drawing upon deep industry and market knowledge, led a national team of seven direct and 15 indirect reports in a shared services model, with revenue goal of $85M. Established a differentiated value proposition emphasizing enterprise agility, customer focus, and core product specialization. Created private and public contracting strategies targeting distributor, health system, GPO, US government, and retail pharmacy segments. Designed and deployed indirect sales strategy, leveraging telesales and marketing reach of 12 distributors. Established SOPs and best practices for operations. Launched new products. Engaged and collaborated with diverse group of internal stakeholders in gaining and maintaining investment in business unit.
* Boosted revenue by $40M.
* Increased distributor market share by 150%.
* Achieved 2014-15 sales of 16.2 million Afluria® units, exceeding prior year unit sales of 11.1 million units by 45%.
* Delivered $125M in revenue, exceeding target of $85M by 47%.
* Secured new business with DoD, GPOs, and 12 key national distributors.
* Introduced new combined Afluria® influenza vaccine + Stratis needle-free delivery system, projected to beat revenue target by 25%.
* Selected from among 15 managers to participate in company's Business Leadership Team and Northern Hemisphere Campaign Committee, providing strategy and insight on US market status, positioning, and brand planning.
The leading global vaccine manufacturer, manufacturing vaccines for all stages of life.
US DIRECTOR, NATIONAL ACCOUNTS
Brought in to boost market position and revenue for company to achieve increasingly aggressive targets by leveraging new markets and customers. Recruited, developed, and led team of ten direct and 23 indirect reports in pursuit of a $1.2B quota. Aligned sales organization, redirected strategy to a national focus, and established new GPO, distributor, and national health system contracting platforms. Collaborated enterprise-wide in executing a highly efficient, targeted go-to-market strategy. Created new Kaiser Permanente contract design. Developed portfolio of marketing offerings for national distributors. Participated as SME in Executive Steering and National Payer Committees to develop strategies for maximizing national revenue and customer-generating opportunities.
* Beat revenue targets by as much as 23%, and exceeded all strategic objectives with national GPOs, health systems, payers, and distributors. * Increased total company revenue by $750M, a 28% increase.
* Generated $90M in revenue and secured 100% market share in key product categories with Kaiser Permanente.
* Grew company GPO business to $621M, a 24% increase in total GPO revenue. * Contributed $600M in new revenue from national wholesalers and distributors, a 27% increase in channel revenue.
* Won Adacel Vaccine sales award for largest value customer in history of the brand, and Innovation award for new EDI distributor platform.
Promoted to build J & J brand recognition and equity across the company's key strategic health systems as a part of competitive strategy to maximize share and customer loyalty. Built executive partnerships, and facilitated consensus-based relationships between business units, providers, external resources, IDN executives, and within J & J operating companies. Developed strategic business plans, facilitated complex contract negotiations, deployed industry-leading ecommerce initiatives.
* Secured highly profitable partnerships with HCA Midwest, BJC HealthCare, and GPOs throughout the Midwest.
* Generated $70M annualized volume at target accounts.
* Negotiated 39 agreements that produced $23M in new business.
* Secured 100% participation in ecommerce initiatives at all target accounts.
Earlier J&J roles: Strategic Account Specialist (1999-2000), Sales Trainer / Sales Representative (1995-1999), District Manager (1994-1995), Professional Physician Office Sales Representative & Trainer (1993-1994), Professional Physician Office Sales Representative (1990-1993)
HDMA (Healthcare Distributors- Manufacturers Association)
HIDA (Health Industry Distributors Association)
Industry Participation: NAMMs (National Account Management Managers)
Medical Device, Sales, Market Share, Marketing, Award, Edi, Increase, National Accounts, Quota, Sales Award, Sales Organization, Sme, Steering, Subject Matter Expert, Business Plans, Contract Negotiations, Ecommerce, Healthcare, And Marketing, Best Practices, Dod, Million, New Products, Of Sales, Operations, Pharmacy, Plasma, Retail, Retail Marketing, Retail Pharmacy, Sales And, Sales Of, Shared Services, Sops, Telesales, Value Proposition, And Sales, Office Sales, Sales Representative, Account Management, Business Development, Energetic, In Sales, National Account, Self Motivated, Solutions
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: