Seasoned System Administrator with 6-year background in Information Technology. Progressive experience marked by continuous contributions above and beyond requirements. Career achievements in large-scale software deployments, network buildouts, and data security. Seasoned Linux System Administrator with 6 years successfully managing diverse distros and multi-site installations. Proficient at streamlining all scales of system architecture, from single terminals to 8 networked servers across multiple security classifications. Expert at maintaining smooth operation of Linux-based hardware installations with dynamic performance in environments relying upon diverse operating systems. Provided satellite communications to a United States Submarine in the most complex and challenging operating environments.
• Remained up-to-date on latest technologies and solutions applicable to company products in order to provide best support to end-users.
• Managed customers' expectations of support and technology functionality in order to provide positive user experience.
• Worked closely with software development and testing team members to design and develop robust solutions to meet client requirements for functionality, scalability and performance.
• Created support documentation that empowered and enabled user community to extend skills, leverage system features and find resolutions to questions without intervention from support team.
• Provided Tier 1 IT support to non-technical internal users through desk side support services.
• Controlled and managed server room, wireless network, server infrastructure, audiovisual equipment, laptops and video conferencing equipment.
• Led internal product training for [Product or service] to train support team, end-users and new employees.• Drafted and distributed training manuals for devices used by various employees.
• Maintained hardware and software with new installations, repairs and patches.
• Set up network profiles, security permissions and file sharing systems.
• Guided implementation of company-wide enterprise security strategy for network and hardware, disaster recovery, data protection and endpoint protection.
• Assisted team members with delivering friendly, knowledgeable service by applying proactive monitoring and corrective action strategies.
• Rotated merchandise and displays to feature new products and promotions.
• Helped with planning schedules and delegating assignments to meet coverage and service demands.
• Promoted professional growth and facilitated talent development of each associate to drive performance excellence.
• Increased efficiency and team productivity by promoting adherence to operational best practices and company policies.
• Supervised team of 12 employees and provided feedback on performance.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: