Project Manager effective in leading and directing utilities inside plant projects from conception, engineering, construction and energization. More than 10 years of progressive management experience and repeated success in developing project initiatives, directing project plans ,achieving revenue and schedule performance targets.
Responsible for Developing a project execution plan for the overall projects. Development of scope of work and Conceptual design for modifications to existing and new substations. Developing overall construction sequence for the Projects. Perform substation constructibility reviews during design phase. Develop and implement contracting strategy for the substations, Develop scopes of work for all contracting packages. Oversight of the development and review of all specifications to support RFPs. Review and evaluate all bids for materials, equipment and services. Assist Project procurement personnel in the negotiation of all substation contracts. Oversight and management of all contractors, equipment and services providers to ensure that safety, quality, cost and schedule expectations are met. Oversight and management of substation contractors to ensure that Project environmental permit conditions and regulations are met. Manage Project safety policy with contractors. Track construction and equipment budgets within the Project overall budget. Manage all substation change orders. Develop Work Plans (switching & tagging) for substation conversions and additions. Develop and implement testing and commissioning plans for new substations and equipment. Assist in the energization and commissioning of new transmissions lines. Close out all substation contracts. Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
Project Examples are:
1) PSEG Roseland Switching Station 500kV Line Addition. Budget $150M. Scope consisted on transformer a 7 position ring bus configuration AIS into a 9 position double breaker double bus AIS. Adding 7 single phase 500kV/230kV transformers. Adding 9 bays breaker and half configuration GIS. Energization Date June 2014.
2) PSEG Hopatcong Switching Station 500kV. Budget $60M. Scope consisted in building a new 500kV GIS station of 6 bays in a breaker and half configuration. Energization date MArch 2014.
3) PSEG Branchburg Switching Station 500kV Capacitor Bank Installation. Budget $82 M. Scope consisted on adding 9 bays breaker and half configuration Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) to an existing 500kV Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS). Project successfully energized June 2012 on schedule and budget.
4) PSEG Cedar Grove 230KV Cap Bank Installation. Budget $7M. Scope consisted in installing a new 230kV Capacitor bank. Project successfully energized on June 2011.
5) AEP Canadian County Pump Station. Budget $ 2M. Scope consisted in construction a new 138kV AIS station. The station had a Radial feed and transformers to 4.16KV distribution system. Project successfully energized in May 2009.
Responsible for detailing engineering design, procurement and installation of new protection and controls compartments. Design and Install Scada system. Perform Power Systems Studies such as Short Circuit, Coordination, Power Flow, Arc Flash using SKM and ETAP Software. Develope and Impart Electrical Engineering Courses such as Arc Flash Analysis, Power Distribution and Protection Relay Design.
Project Samples are
1) USS Fairfield Alabama, Budget $2M. Scope consisted of replacing the old electromechanical protection system with solid state relays among all 25 medium voltage from 23kV to 5kV stations inside the mill. Install a new Scada System to monitor and control all stations. Project Finished September 2008.
2) US Deparment of State Overseas Construction. Scope consisted in performed inspection, testing and training for new electrical stations being installed at US Embassies in Ghana, Mynamar, Rwanda, Republic of Congo, Togo.
Responsible for detailing engineering design, procurement and installation of new protection and controls compartments. Perform Power Systems Studies such as Short Circuit, Coordination, Power Flow, Arc Flash using SKM and ETAP Software. Develope and Impart Electrical Engineering Courses such as Arc Flash Analysis, Power Distribution and Protection Relay Design.
Project Examples are
1) Perform Power Systems Studies such as short circuits, coordination, device evaluation (for new constructions), arc flash, load flow to industrial customers like Cargill, Memphis, TN, Bowater Grenada MS, SCA Barton AL, Masonite Laurel MS, US Steel Pipe Division, Fairfield Al, Nucor Birmingham, Birmingham Al.
2) Anniston Army Depot, Anniston Alabama. The Scope of project included gathering field data to design a filter bank that would mitigate the harmonics produced by several rectifiers (DC VFDs) and improve the voltage level being supplied to the Abraham Tank testing facility.
3) Electrical Engineering courses Instructor. Courses Topics were Arc Flash, Power Distribution and Protective Relays. for groups and specific clients such as Pequiven Maracaibo, Venezuela, Huhtamaki Alabertville AL. Translated from English to Spanish all the courses.
Minor in Power Systems
Currently Licensed Professional Engineer in
•Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Power Engineering Society
•Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
Fluent in Spanish.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: