• Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience working in Healthcare, Banking, and Retail industries covering all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Advanced communication skills both written and verbal that are used to gather, convert and validate requirements into detailed user stories as well as business and functional requirements requirements using Requirements tractability matrix (RTM)
• Outstanding motivational qualities and vision when working with project team
• Exceptional at communicating with stakeholders, project owners and development teams through variety of methods and project team including process workflows, prototypes, simulations and wireframes
• Strong experience in planning and facilitating agile ceremonies and Scrum meetings; daily stand up, sprints planning, story sizing and sprint retrospective
• Adapt in foreseeing and adapting to impediments and challenges that may cause business needs to yield so targets and goals are met.
• Successful at implementation of multiple projects working closely with end users and clients during user acceptance testing (UAT) to verify all requirements and functionalities are copacetic.
• Experience in end to end testing with emphasis on Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Database Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Black box testing, Grey and White Box testing and Smoke testing.
• Collaborated with clients, internal stakeholders, operations, software development team and project managers to implement an online portal part of a loan enhancement initiative.
• Created and refined product and feature backlogs using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) by breaking down business epics into features and organizing themes
• Assessed the current state of systems, defined gaps in productivity and helped create roadmaps for the future by conducting both AS IS, TO BE analysis and GAP analysis
• Created business process maps and data flow documents using Microsoft Visio focusing on use case, class, object and sequence diagrams
• Captured business requirements by drafting user stories regarding requested system changes and enhancements
• Organized and participated in a variety of Agile ceremonies: daily stand-ups, sprint planning, story-sizing, sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings
• Directed joint application design (JAD) sessions with the business, product owner and development teams to align items of focus within the iteration and minimize miscommunication across channels
• Reported progress to the business, product owners and project managers regarding build, test and deployment of system updates and business initiatives
• Transitioned the development team from Waterfall methodology to adapt an Agile process
• Conducted user acceptance testing (UAT) to ensure all features were included in development and functionalities are built to specifications
• Acted as liaison between the client, project management team and development team and served as the primary source to understand system changes and enhancements requested by the business
• Liaised with business stakeholders to elicit requirements using interviews, existing documents analysis, requirements, workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, task and workflow analysis
• Successfully used agile/Scrum method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop. Documented user stories and facilitated story point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications
• Gathered requirements through interviews and JAD sessions and working with internal and external stakeholders
• Wrote software development plan and held meetings with the developers and forwarded information and documents to them
• Collaborated with the QA team for designing test plan and test cases for user acceptance testing (UAT) and validation
• Participated in cross functional teams to address business process or system issues during testing and operational activities
• Collaborated on a reporting project to introduce reports on new products, plans, and promotions of the business utilizing Cognos to generate detailed summaries
• Consulted with stakeholders to identify requirements and terms to ensure reports met the business needs.
• Assisted in system upgrade project to efficiently implement new features and enhancements to various areas of the system
• Consulted with third party vendors and project managers of Comcast to document functional requirements and converted them to SRSD and testing documents
• Scoping new projects, interpreting business needs, translating technical issues, identifying and modeling data requirements, identifying business rules, building prototypes, managing developer's daily tasks and managing QA staff in testing all deliverable's
• Worked on documenting various processes, functional requirements, creating training materials, workflows, wire frames and other types of documentation
• Managed client resources and training core team members on Agile methodology, best practices for information gathering, business process analysis, and developing thorough & concise documentation of business systems
• Excellent business writing skills essential for producing various business documents such as business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), and Non-Functional Requirements Document (NFRD), business Process Documents, business Flow Documents, User Training Manuals, User Interface Specifications
• Strong Background with Jira, QC and TFS demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills and a logic-based approach to problem solving
• Experienced reviewing and writing UAT test cases, analyzing defects, interacting with QA and development teams for fixing issues/bugs, coordinating user acceptance testing (UAT) and end user training.
• Facilitated JAD session and one to one interview to understand and analyze the requirements
• Worked with the technical team to clarify the requirements and created System Requirement Specifications (SRS)
• Studied financial data to develop reports that assist high-level management in analyzing and monitoring trends to optimize operations
• Worked with key members of HR, Billing, Sales, and Finance departments, along with members of the IT team, to design and implement new business processes and to identify and resolve application issues in a highly agile environment
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: