* Dual college major-Elementary/Special Education
* Ability to compile relevant data to monitor progress of student academic goals.
* Reading is wonderful and accessible to all.
* Attention to good parent/school communication and encouragement of parent participation in reading and skill drill at home.
*participation in school functions, fund raising and PTO.
*Community involvement such as Farmers Market manager and church choir director.
* Good motivational skills.
*Very good listing skills.
* supportive of school staff and administrator collaboration.
* Writing lessons across both grades and curriculum.
* Scaffolding math skills for math challenged students who are smarter than they think!!
* Data, data, document ...
*Professional attention to the timely details of IEP and evaluation documents
*Differentiated instruction to assist all students with access to curriculum and its rigor.
* Established clear objectives for all lessons, unit, and projects and collected data to support effectiveness.
* Technology: Smart Board, document camera, I Pad apps, Success maker, Waterford, Study Island, Accelerated Reading and Star.
* Taught with current pacing guides to SOL requirements in all subjects for elementary grades.
* Collaborative resources for general ed. staff with inclusion needs.
* Supervision of paraprofessional staff assigned to help with services.
* Team taught 2nd grade and loved it!
* E.D. self-contained classroom
* Self-contained MR/autistic classroom
* Webinar autism class and Temple Grandin Conference ( 2012-3)
* CURRENT: Ruby Payne Seminar in June 2014.
*Self-contained/ pull-out classroom with a variety of special needs students and several paraprofessional assistants.
* Parent involvement model with student drill and life skill goals.
* K-12 Special education caseload of approx.. 30 students W/ 4 assistants.
* Both inclusion and pull-out services.
* Encouraged students to persevere with challenging tasks such as grade level assignments while implementing a variety of appropriate accommodations as allowed by teachers.
* Supervision and training of parpro staff.
* administered Woodcock Johnson and educational testing for evaluations for caseload.
*High School Community Based MR program with both work and life skill components using University of Utah model.
* Taught Social Studies (credit) class for regular H.S. student peer tutors in conjunction with CB program.
* Annual Overnight Camp Trip for special needs students and local Mt. Man Club.
* Special needs students involved in H.S. dances, football games, prom, and other age appropriate activities.
* Taught w/ District Transition Sp. an adult sex ed class for area residential facilities
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Lee County School District Special Education Teacher resume example in Big Stone Gap, Virginia ?
This is an actual resume example of a Special Education Teacher who works in the Professional Development Industry. LiveCareer has 7448 Professional Development resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.