• Plan, prepare, and preach weekly messages from the Bible for Sunday services and Bible class.
• Work with the Worship Minister in planning and coordinating weekend worship services to impact maturing believers and to reach new people.
• Officiate funerals and memorial services (as requested).
• Officiate weddings (as requested), provide premarital counseling to those being married in our church.
• Provide personal and group counseling, or make counseling referrals (as needed), in the appropriate setting.
• Provide direction to the entire church staff, including other ministerial staff, secretaries, and custodian.
• A mentor and resource for the other ministerial staff, to help them in their growth and development.
• Conduct weekly and monthly staff meetings to promote staff unity and to insure the staff's awareness of church plans, activities, and work schedules.
• Evaluate (on a semi-annual basis) each staff member and the effectiveness of their ministry in coordination with the Elders; at the same time seeking evaluation from each staff member.
• Work together with the church leaders and other staff in leading the church's ministry. Meet with them once a month for business, study, and prayer.
• Present, communicate and carry out the vision of the church to congregation and staff.
• Work with the Church Leaders and other staff in shepherding the flock, which includes hospital and nursing home calls, home visitation, personal contacts, etc.
• Help equip the members of the congregation, to serve in our ministry assisting them to identify and use their spiritual gifts.
• Constantly challenge members to grow their relationship with Jesus and grow their faith.
• Assist ministry teams and committees in their planning and programming (as needed).
Sunday School Classes
Children and youth programs
Mentor and coach new leaders and teachers
Oversee the church's benevolence.
Teach a variety of courses in the African/African-American Studies Program which include:
Introduction to African-American Studies
Leadership in the African American Community
African-American Religious Traditions
Show sensitivity to moral, cultural, social and religious standards without discrimination.
Be available to respond to any major incident if called upon by company management.
Be a creative and intuitive practitioner able to initiate and develop new strategies of care as opportunities arise.
Other duties may include but are not limited to Marriage, remarriage and premarital counseling and ceremony officiating. Drugs and alcohol dependency, serious illness and injuries, death and dying, long term grief support, spiritual consultation,
Provide spiritual support and encouragement for the athletes, coaches, their families and support staff.
Be available and equipped to assist in crisis situations.
Alert the coach, administration and/or executive staff to critical issues that affect the team and/or organization.
Provide at least one “Lunch and Learn” presentation each month focusing on personal and spiritual growth for players. Topics would include but not limited to; (Leadership, Balancing Personal and Professional Life, Character Development, Establishing Appropriate Boundaries)
Coordinate and lead chapel services.
Eta Iota Chapter Omega Psi Phi Inc.
Prince Hall Masons KIng David Lodge
Oklahoma Biblical Literacy Institute
Morehouse Alumni Association
Jack and Jill of America Inc.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: