Skilled educator with experience in building relationships with students and faculty as well as being a support in the academic environment.
· Provides career counseling to P.O.W.E.R. participants
· Ensures employment placement for participants and maintain retention through follow up services
· Create and host informational sessions for the P.O.W.E.R. program and provide orientation to new participants.
· Set up participants in GED classes if needed
· Assist participants who are interested in post-secondary education and services that stimulates their academic advancement through WIOA's comprehensive guidance and counseling element
· Arrange workshops in social skills development, resume writing, financial literacy, leadership skills, networking, and the use of technology tools to conduct successful job search
· Administer and interpret academic and vocational assessments (TABE and Virginia Wizard)
· Interview program applicants, examine records and behavior, assess client employability
· Perform case management activities by determining program eligibility, enroll participants in programs, refer young adults to supportive services with other service providers, and monitor their progress
· Assists in identification, referral and appropriate placement of young adults with special needs
· Consults with community partners to help participants experiencing problems
· Managed administrative activities and provided clerical support with cumulative files during registration of new students
· Assisted students with academic choices for high school
· Counseled with students individually and in small groups for specifically identified needs including personal, academic and vocational growth.
· Assisted site supervisor with the school's ambassador program
· Facilitated large and small group sessions on self-esteem and transitioning to high school as well as conducted individual sessions with students
· Used evaluations for my group programs and their effectiveness, assesses outcomes through post tests and developed programming to achieve goals.
· Followed up with students on their academic and social goals as well as working on personal goals
· Attended staff meetings
· Assisted and observed the site supervisor in day to day tasks
· Was responsible for supervising the Office Assistants during their scheduled volunteering hours
· Provided guidance for college students living in the residence hall by discussing issues such as housing and career plans and following up with students to provide ongoing encouragement and support
· Insured that the residents are in compliance with the safety regulations and residence hall rules
· Conducted face to face interviews to prospective candidates for Resident Assistants in the residence hall
· Closely assisted and mentored students through the educational process
· Assisted and supported staff, requested, actively and contributed to the staff team concept
· Maintained consistent availability, visibility, and approachability for student and supervisor alike
· Open and responsive to constructive feedback and opinions; provided constructive feedback when appropriate
· Participated in treatment team meetings, reporting on student Life Skills needs, individual goals, and goal progress.
· Co-facilitated and assisted in conducting a grief group and individual sessions with students; provided academic advising
· Conducted classroom guidance lessons that focused on various character education topics
· Learned policies and procedures of my site school, supported the goals and programs of site supervisor, and conducted myself in accordance with American School Counselor Association Code of Ethics for School Counselor
· Maintained folders of meetings from child study, parent/school counselor conferences, and sessions with students in a log
· Attended staff meetings
· Maintained counseling recordings for feedback
· Researched educational and multicultural information for my academic advisor
· Answered phone calls from prospective students, current students and other inquiries.
· Received and gave assistance in the development of other student's works.
· Input data into files as well as delivering the information to the appropriate party
· Worked along with the other students and professors in putting together a conference
· Kept a catalog of contacts and various information for future projects for the department
· Informed prospective students on the various careers they can achieve with their degree from the program.
· Responsible for facilitating orientation and Registration day activities with other members of the department.
· Distributed and collected workbooks, papers, and/or instructional materials as directed by the teacher
· Assisted with supervision of daily routines and schedules
· Helped student master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
· Worked with individual students or small groups to reinforce learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
· Operated and cared for equipment or instructional materials used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
· Assisted with the supervision of students during meals and outdoor activities
Virginia School Counselor Association
Statement of Eligibility certification in School Counseling K-12
Certified to give the TABE and Work Keys/Career Readiness Certificate Assessments
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a A.P. Hill Elementary School School Counselor resume example in Richmond, Virginia ?
This is an actual resume example of a School Counselor who works in the School Counseling Industry. LiveCareer has 7676 School Counseling resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.