· International transfer to work at Vitro USA as Sales / Account Manager and Product Engineering Manager with proven results, assigned to work directly to NAFTA customers such as FCA, GM, Ford and Framers.
· Sales / Account Manager & Product Engineer for FCA and Framers (Tier #1) clients in charge of all negotiations and commercial issues, such as: quotes, fixing prices, eng. changes (deltas), discounts, productivity.
· Negotiate new business with current and new customers to grow sales in USA and México. Negotiated prices, terms of sale and service agreements. Get strategic programs to increase production with accounts that generate annual sales of around $35MMUSD per year.
· Experienced Sales and Product Engineering Manager with proven results, assigned to work on a new business for VW Mexico and Brazil, being an important and strategic program for the company.
· Sales / Account Manager & Product Engineer for VW, Nissan, BMW, in charge of all negotiations and commercial issues, such as: quotes, fixing prices, eng. changes (deltas), discounts, productivity. These accounts generate sales around $50MMUSD of the $215MMUSD total annual sales from VAU.
· Manage development and launch of new programs in Brazil for: VW & FIAT. Being strategic programs for the company to start business in that country (Brazil), giving sales of $15Million USD per year.
· Participate opening new operations plant in EMBU, Brazil (Vitro Do Brazil) to support new businesses.
· Manage development and launch of new program for VW Mexico, having direct contact with customer with development in VW Wolfsburg, Germany. Being a strategic program for the company to keep position as the main auto glass supplier in Mexico, with sales of $8.5MMUSD per year.
· Assigned to work in Vitro Mexico directly in Production Plant as Production Manager in Value Added Process Area.
· In charge to manage production areas of products with value added components for automotive glass, areas such as: Connectors / Terminals Soldering, Sub-Assembly, Encapsulations (PVC & RIM), and Laminated Side Glasses (standard or acoustic).
· Personnel at charge of 6 employees (4 Supervisors & 2 Process Eng.) and 115 hourly workers that go from the operators with cat. A, to the people at the loading and assembly with cat. B & C.
· Lead Kaizens Projects in production areas to maintain 5S at a 3.0 level.
· Increased productivity and reduced the number of employees from 118 to 87 in one year by generating cost reduction projects. Increased throughput by 15% with fewer people during the same time.
· Reduce setup time on production equipment by 50% through SMED. Changeovers from 15 to 8 min.
· Team work with Kaizen Project turned in transforming production area to specific production line that resulted in freeing up to 200sq.mts. of space to have lines for specialized businesses.
· Launch a new $1M Encapsulation Press. Defining standard operating procedures.
· 6SIGMA Projects in production lines to improve efficiency, cycle time and productivity. Increasing efficiency & productivity from 56% to 89%, reaching goal yield in just 18 months.
· Reduction on repair costs on production equipment by $2.5K per month, by implementing TPM program in the area. Up-time also increased by 10% during the same time.
· During fiscal year 2009 were delivered cost savings of $250K from production area to the plant.
· Product & Sales Engineering Manager for New Projects / Programs Development. In charge to coordinate the complete quotation process and sales service until the assignation of any new business.
· Project Manager & Service Eng. for Ford and FCA directly in the U.S. (Several Programs)
· In charge of a Development Team of 3 DRE (Design Release Engineers) & 3 Designers, developing the design of the new products and having direct contact with the customer engineers.
· Implement processes to increase visibility of project status and quotes given to customers. These processes helped reduce the total quotation time from 2 to 1 month.
· Help to reduce errors in the quotation process through direct communication with customers, by giving a presentation of technical considerations. Increasing the project approval rates from 30% to 55%.
· Mange successful launches within its timing as original scheduled dates, according client requirements, as a liaison between the production plant new products development team and the final customer.
· International transfer to work for Vitro USA, as Project Manager and Design Release Engineer of Glass Parts and their components, coordinating the development of all new products.
· Working inside FORD at Dearborn, MI. as Full Service Supplier of a New Vehicle along with Ford Engineers, having in charge a team of two CAD Designers and one Design Release Engineer (DRE).
· Achieve a successful launch and a smooth start of the normal production for Vitro and Ford.
· Coordinate and Release all the information within the Manufacturing Production Plants for all the parts development until launch and normal production release.
· Manage this strategic program for the company to grow business and diversify customers, and position it as the main auto glass supplier in Mexico, giving additional sales of $24Million USD per year.
· New Product and Service Development Manager for Original Equipment and Aftermarket Products, in the Tempering and Laminating Areas for Safety Auto Glass Products. Sep 1999 – May 2003
· Coordinate the new product development from its feasibility, tooling fabrication, samples run and parts inspection, send samples to the client for trials and approval and release the part for its normal production, in coordination with Production Control Dept. Also, JDEdwards Controller for system data capture and actualization of New and Actual/Current Glass Products of the plant. Jan 1998 – Sep 1999
· Tempering scheduler in the Production Control Department. Feb 1997 – Jan 1998
· Coordinate the development of new products, meeting the quality and timing established for its delivery and released of the parts to normal production. Hand over to production department a fully developed and controlled part, meeting the expected production yields.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Vitro Automotriz, SA de CV (VVP Auto Glass) SALES-ACCOUNT MANAGER & PRODUCT ENGINEER resume example in West Bloomfield, Michigan ?
This is an actual resume example of a SALES-ACCOUNT MANAGER & PRODUCT ENGINEER who works in the Account Management Industry. LiveCareer has 47603 Account Management resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.