Compassionate Registered Nurse with over 4 years of experience in offering comprehensive patient care in dialysis environments. Work well with diverse patient population and foster trusting relationships to improve outcomes. Efficiently coordinate with healthcare professionals to advance patient care.
Maintained in-depth understanding of individual patient care plans
• Oversee all patient on treatment floor ,address abnormal vital signs and notify MD after all interventions are done
• Identify ,prevent and manage any emergencies that may occur during hemodialysis
• Monthly foot checks ,medication review ,CIA AND POC
• Address labs that needs rescheduled and follow up
• Address all abnormal labs and notify the MD
• Coordinate with other nurses and PCT s what needs to be done and accomplished and accomplished that day
• Please describe the skills that you as a Registered Nurse use each day in your area.
• Pre and post dialysis head to toe examination specific to renal patient
• Medication Administration – to include iv,im,sc,po
• IV and blood taking skills
• Wound care –specific to cvc care,avf avg only
• Evaluate patient fluid volume ,I,e estimated dry weight ,interdialytic weight gain
Guided patients' loved ones and caregivers in such tasks as pain management, wound care, and medication dosing
Coordinated with other healthcare professionals to assess, plan and implement patient care plans
Observed patient health and side effects from treatments and medications, noting all details in patient chart
• Head to toe examination to asses edema around the periorbital, jugular, sacral area and both the upper and lower limbs, pallor, chest auscultation, percussion and palpation.
• Competencies gained in this area are weight gain and hemoglobin estimation calculation of ultra-filtration volume, identification, and prevention of impending emergency cases that might arise during hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. Care of patients before and after kidney transplant
• Administration of prescribed medication – through oral, cvc, subcutaneous and intravenous routes.
• Attending to HD emergencies during dialysis
• Assessing intra dialytic and inter dialytic weight gain prior to commencing HD session
• Lias with the nutritionist on proper nutrition intake of the patients
• Oxygen administration via nasal cannular,face mask,non rebreather and venture mask
Monitoring the hemodynamic status of the patient and correctly interprete the results during hemodialysis
• Threading and priming the HD machines
• Care and maintenance of the HD machines
• Commencing hemodialysis.
• Monitoring of patients through the dialysis process
• Giving proper general health education
• Diagnostic studies such as blood glucose,ECG,
• Wound care – catheter exit site care to include permanent catheters and temporary catheters, care of arteriovenous fistulas
• IV fluid administration and transfusion of blood and blood products during hemodialysis
• Proper needling of the arteriovenous fistulas for hemodialysis
• Infection prevention control in the renal unit
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: