* I worked for 12 years at Amarr Garage Doors, a commercial and
residential garage door manufacturing plant, in Lawrence Kansas. Our primary objective was to produce best quality product with little scrap and downtime in a safe team oriented friendly environment.
* I started off as an assembler, was promoted to press operator, a forklift driver, and the last 8 years as part of management.
* I was a Warehouse Lead, Production Line Lead, and ultimately a Process Supervisor in Hardware.
* My primary responsibilities included cross-training, coaching, counseling, yearly evaluations, enforcing company policies on safety, scheduling employees for the production line and warehouse, inventory management, cooperating with other departments and upper management to meet all production deadlines as well as OSHA safety requirements.
* On several occasions my department went over a year without any incidents or injuries.
* In many a times we were able to work ourselves out of weekend overtime which saved the company money and also gave team members more time to spend with their families.
* Turnovers in my department where low which helped with productivity, cross training and efficiency.
I was a Graduate Assistant at Arkansas Tech University. My primary responsibilities were student advising, monitoring exams, evaluating quizzes and tests, research for some faculty, office administrative work such as answering the phone, responding to inquiries from students, the community, and other departments.
I also did filling, faxing, photocopying, making sure the office has needed inventory, keeping the office clean and organized.
I did presentations about South Africa to schools and in some of my classes on campus. My assistantship ended when I graduated in 1996.
Political Science and History
Political Science Public Affairs Full academic scholarship, Institute of International Education
*Sports in general
I have intermediate skills on AS400, Navigator System, Word, Outlook, as well as basic Spreadsheet and Powerpoint. I can drive a StandUp Forklift, a SitDown Forklift and use pallet jet. I am easy going, do get along with people but able to motivate and get assignments done and goals accomplished. I have a sense of discretion. I am self motivated and focused.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: