Vital business leader with 20 years' experience guiding teams and creating results amid complexity.
· Key skills: strategy development, relationship building, managing complexity, and execution
· Areas of expertise: business leadership, product development, health benefits and services
· Proven experience: P&L responsibility, Business Development, Change Management
Responsible for full business performance of a direct-to-consumer, wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, Inc. providing licensed home care across ten states. Accountabilities include: P&L delivery; oversight of sales, marketing, home care operations, human resources, technology, regulatory compliance, real estate, and strategy development; resource deployment; and client safety and satisfaction programs.
· recovery of multi-year decline of business
· securing ambitious reinvestment support to address core needs for recovery
· recognition for leadership and excellence through COVID-19 crisis management
Responsible for business development activities for a top 10 defense contractor, and business optimization efforts for the largest military health administrator in the United States. Accountabilities include leadership for new business, project management, pricing, operational support, and internal consulting efforts. Accomplishments include:
· Leadership of Congressionally-driven military health transformation agenda within Humana Government Business
· Development of a partnership between Humana and the United States' largest dental network administrator
· Oversight for integration of 50 new business capabilities in support of the United States' largest military health contract in history
Lead startup and operational activities for Humana's first Capture Team resulting in an unprecedented award of highest score in all bids, and winning the largest contract in military medicine history. Accountabilities include business startup actions, strategy development, solution design, pricing strategies, operational expertise, and organizational leadership.
· Hired, built, and led team responsible for crafting future-focused business strategies and solutions for a multi-year, military health plan contract
· Contributed to price to win efforts resulting in a highly competitive price while ensuring long term profitability requirements remain satisfied
· Pioneered the Capture Team approach within Humana advancing beyond existing industry best practices
· Leading strategy, staff, and budget through the creation of a new approach and focused pursuit of significant new business opportunities
· Building and applying expertise in all major elements of health plan design and operations
· Motivating and inspiring a newly formed team to outstanding performance in very little time
Responsible for building teams to identify and integrate innovative solutions for Humana's business units, transformational product design, consumer platform management, and strategic partnership development.
· Designed and implemented a business integration approach, enabling adoption of new solutions by existing business units
· Led Innovation efforts to define telehealth strategies and business opportunities resulting in nine pilots and two decisions-to-scale based on pilot outcomes
· Built a community of expert innovation practitioners across every Humana business segment
· Doubled throughput of new product development process through process design, process management, and team development
· Established an international supply chain to support manufacturing, import, and fulfillment of consumer package goods for Humana
· Leading strategy, staff, and budget through multiple organizational shifts to ensure Innovation's relevance through periods of significant company growth
· Quickly developing deep expertise in areas of emerging value to influence strategic decisions
· Establishing a common enterprise-wide innovation capability
Selected to lead Humana Europe's Wellness product line and management of non-clinical and virtual clinical team staff.
· Turned a £35K pilot into a multi-million pound revenue-generating line of business
· Profit and loss responsibilities and staff management
· Led the design, implementation and management of wellness products in the UK market
Managed strategic initiatives within multiple business units across Humana delivering targeted outcomes and results.
Managed comprehensive service and efficiency improvement programs across Acuity's supply chain organization.
· Humana Health Care Leaders 2020; 2014 Class
· Innovation Engineering Black Belt, 2013
· Lean Certification & Six Sigma Black Belt, 2005
· PMP Certification, 2004
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: