(14) years of PipeFitting such as shipyard construction. Pipe fitter Over 14 years in the construction trade. Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to
industrial construction projects.
· Ability to effectively interact with project team members, clients, subcontractors, and craft employees.
· Possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability to effectively manage craft employees.
· Hands-on job foreman experience
· Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other
preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
· Stand or walk for long periods of time
· Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
· Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds
· Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
· Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
· See well (naturally or with correction)
· Eye-hand coordination
· Good physical fitness
· Good sense of balance
· Work at great heights
· Rain coat or poncho
· Steel toed work boots
Environment: Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy
objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors
in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise,
or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead-based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous
substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs
wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes,
respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction Workers must be
especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
04/2015 to 05/2016
Pipe Foremanhuntington ingalls － Pascagoula, MS
Revised: December 2012
Business Unit: Construction
Employee Type: Hourly
Reports To: Superintendent, General Foreman
Purpose: Monitor the quality, safety, and provide planning and direction directly to the assigned crew of craftsmen
for construction activities for construction projects.
Work Schedule: Varies by location.
Must have open availability any time any day of the week.
employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to).
Plan, coordinate and/or supervise construction activities of craft employees.
Thoroughly review scope documents, drawings, and specifications.
Study project execution and tracking documents including the project execution plan, project safety plan,
QA/QC plan, schedule, man loading projections, equipment rental schedule, installed quantity and labour
tracking plan, and subcontracting strategy.
Participate in project kick-off and team building activities.
Ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
Interface with Superintendent to ensure all company, client, and project policies and procedures are
Interface with all project team members as required in the establishment of project schedules and
resolving schedule problems.
Provide leadership and management for craftsmen, ensuring to organize and lay out work for crews.
Ensure that materials, drawings, manpower, specifications, tools, consumables, and equipment are
available when needed.
Provide prioritized work activity instructions to all crews and monitor their progress.
Assist with the implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
Responsibilities include verification of maintaining ASME, ANSI and associated codes as required per
Maintain strict adherence to the policies set forth in the QA/QC manual.
Mentor craft personnel for professional development.
Determine training needs of craft personnel and assist them in obtaining that training.
Monitor crew fatigue and schedule extra overtime only when absolutely necessary.
Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
Follow oral and written directions.
Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Services ULC Craft Handbook and in compliance
with the LC Human Resources Policy Manual, LC Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
12/1998 to 04/2015
pipefitterhuntington ingalls － Pascagoula, MS1) Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints: Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.2) Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness.3) Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.4) Cuts pipe, using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.5) Threads pipe, using pipe threading machine.
6) Bends pipe, using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.7) Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic.8) Connects pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and handtools.9) Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using handtools and power tools.10) Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders, using handtools.11) Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using handtools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints.12) Increases pressure in pipe system and observes connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks.13) May weld pipe supports to structural steel members.14) May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.15) May operate machinery to verify repair.16) May modify programs of automated machinery, such as robots and conveyors, to change motion and speed of machine, using teach pendant, control panel, or keyboard and display screen of robot controller and programmable controller.17) May be designated Steam Fitter when installing piping systems that must withstand high pressure.18) May be designated according to type of system installed as Pipe Fitter, Ammonia; Pipe Fitter, Fire-Sprinkler Systems; Pipe Fitter, Gas Pipe; or type of piping used as Pipe Fitter, Plastic Pipe; Pipe Fitter, Soft Copper.19) May be designated: Airdox Fitter; Freight-Air-Brake Fitter; Instrument Fitter; Maintainer, Sewer-And-Waterworks; Pipe Fitter, Maintenance; Pipe Fitter, Welding; Pneumatic-Tube Fitter; Sprinkler-And-Irrigation-System Installer; Tuyere Fitter.
High School Diplomageorge county high － lucedale, MS, usa
budget, oral, client, direction, forth, Human Resources, interpretation, team building, leadership, materials, Mentor, personnel, policies, progress, quality, QA, Safety, strategy, supervisor, Type, written