Experienced and enthusiastic math/science educator with creative, veritable teaching styles. Has worked extensively with all levels of students, including college-level. Seeking a position that allows for some creativity, and requires teaching to a diverse group of students in the mathematics field.
●Organized and detail-oriented
●Excellent communication skills
●PowerPoint and other digital presentation platforms
●Relatable, approachable, helpful
●Expert writer of customized STEM curriculum
●Extensive experience teaching to diverse audiences
●Able to quickly master online portal, grading programs
●Creative and varied instruction style●Khan Academy, LearnBop and other online math trainers
● Taught full A&P course during summer on two different campuses simultaneously, using Polycom system
● Designed and carried out visual and oral presentation for two different 3-hour lectures weekly
● Designed and carried out two 3-hour anatomy labs via dissection and other hands-on activities
● Learned and utilized several online systems for class communication and grade organization
● Worked with science faculty to ensure A&P content fits with global vision of PCC science content
● Taught 80-minute science classes of 30+ students
● Taught 50-minute math classes of 25+ students each
● Collaborated with colleagues to create large-scale science and math projects for student-led community exhibitions
● Communicated with parents about student progress
● Created year-long curriculum to meet both science and math state standards
● Designed and taught various student elective classes
● Created 130+ page book of detailed standards-based hands-on science lessons for after-school programs in grades K-12
● Created week-long intensive science camp 6-12 grade curricula, including topics like NASA Space, Math In Art, Forensics
● Worked with professional marketing and design teams to prepare curricula for national sale
● Fostered relationships with administrators/teachers throughout region to customize and deliver their science programs
● Helped forge a million-dollar partnership between the Powerhouse and the Southern Ute Indian Tribe
● Wrote and received grants to implement STEM programming in schools deemed "underserved" in STEM subjects
● Taught STEM programming to all ages on the Southern Ute, Ute Mountain Ute, and Navajo reservations
● Co-directed the Four Corners' Lego League program
● Wrote and performed original 60-minute explosive chemistry shows to over 40 schools deemed "underserved in STEM"
● Managed/trained STEM ed team on teaching strategies, behavior management, science/math content
● Created budgets for all eight programs managed
● Awarded and tracked scholarships for the above programs
● Collected/analyzed data continuously throughout year to track budget and report statistical trends
● Taught 9th grade introductory biology courses, 12th grade advanced biology courses
● Created detailed curriculum for senior level science elective focused on statistical evolutionary genetics
● Trained and led students on multiple climbing trips to Joshua Tree National Park, California, coached climbing team
● Created and organized all teacher-led trips for a school-wide, yearly 2-week experiential education event
●Invited to co-present, 2013 ASTC (Associate of Science and Technology Centers) Conference: "Best Practices for Teaching STEM to Native American Populations."
●Invited to lead a professional development for staff at Science North, a large science museum in Sudbury, Ontario Canada: "Incorporating Native Voice onto our science/math exhibit floors" and "Best practices for Teaching STEM to Native American Populations
●Invited as lead presenter, 2014 ASTC Conference: "How to Incorporate Humor into STEM Education." Read more: http://www.astc.org/annual-conference/a-scientist-walks-into-a-bar-humor-in-stem-education/
●Invited as lead presenter, 2015 ASTC Conference: "Part Deux: Why Try Funny?" Read more: http://www.astc.org/annual-conference/why-try-funny-harnessing-humor-to-heighten-stem-education/
●Invited as lead presenter at the 2014 ASTC Conference: "How Incorporation of Physical Movement into STEM Teaching Improves Retention and Understanding of Material. Read more: http://www.astc.org/s=twist+and+shout&submit=Search2015
●Asked to write a follow up to the above presentation as feature article for Dimensions Magazine. Link to Article: http://www.astc.org/DimensionsPDFS/2015/MayJun.pdf
●Member of Native Universe project, bringing together representatives from various Science Institutions, leaders of the Indigenous Education Institute, and leaders from Tribal Nations across the country to discuss and integrate how native and western knowledge can inform each other in the areas of STEM. For more information: http://indigenousedu.org/wp/native-universe/●An anatomy and physiology camp curriculum I created while employed at the Powerhouse Science Center (Durango Discovery Museum) was sold for $2000/ea to various STEM Institutions around the country. The below link is an article written on the impact it has had in one of these regions: http://www.brushnewstribune.com/ci_30064463/ci_30064463/camp-inspires-future-health-professionals
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
Where can I find a Pueblo Community College Part time Instructor: Anatomy and Physiology resume example in Durango, Colorado ?
This is an actual resume example of a Part time Instructor: Anatomy and Physiology who works in the College and University Industry. LiveCareer has 39255 College and University resumes in its database. LiveCareer’s Resume Directory contains real resumes created by subscribers using LiveCareer’s Resume Builder.
© 2018, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.