Operations Supervisor: 20 years experience in warehouse operations and dispatching Extensive knowledge of the Import/Export Industry, local P&D and 3PL. Strong leadership and people skills. Ability to strive in a time sensitive environment. Developed and implemented S.O.P.'s to emphasize the importance of safety and unparalleled customer service.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders to expedite international shipments.
- Monitor scheduling for the day-to-day activities of 17 transportation employees.
- Manually created shipments, assigned carriers and dispatched shipments.
- Accurately record and e mail daily reports to regional and corporate facilities,( i.e. Line Haul Activity shipments, weights and departure times).
- Communicate all emergencies, delays due to weather and carrier schedule changes to customers and supervisors.
- Effectively communicate with regional terminals to coordinate nightly line haul activity.
- Process shipment documents neatly and efficiently, enter data in company data system, supply P.O.D.'s.
- Operate powered lift trucks and spot trailers in assigned doors.
. Started out driving tractor trailer picking up and delivering air freight and
. Then went into dispatching both air and intermodal activity.
. Coordinated with freight forwarders to expedite international shipments.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: