Enthusiastic experience Library assistant, bilingual and fluent in Spanish, offering solid comprehension of cultural diversity with superior skills in working in both team-based and independent capacities driven to collaborate with educators and students to encourage learning. Familiar with library and classroom practices.
Bringing strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills to any setting. Excited to begin new challenge with successful team.
Currently working in the Children's department since 5/2015
• Plan and conduct weekly Bilingual Story times, Toddler sensory lab and after school programs for grades PreK-8.
• Assist students with finding specific resources for individualized needs and reference questions.
• Assist students in use of library resources and materials; encouraged a love of reading by providing book talks, and giving book suggestions to children based on their interests and reading level.
• Provide on-on-one after school tutoring for Spanish language students ages 5 to 12
• Update students on the use of the Internet as a reference tool to access the latest information as well as how to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant sites and material.
• Instruct students on the use of various computer software and the use of the Dewey Decimal System.
• Assist with the update of the library collection to include multicultural titles to fit the population.
• Assist librarians on the purchased of yearly acquisitions, including books, periodicals, and supplies.
• Research, order, and discard books from children's Spanish collection.
• Organize library for more efficient use of space.
• Create Book displays.
• Collaborate with the organization of various outreach, school class visits, fundraisers, book fairs, and other events.
• Promote the library through public relations avenues such as the library website, radio and local newspaper. YouTube videos and Facebook live programs.
• Serve as contact person for assistance with Spanish speaking patrons and assist librarian with conveying program and library information to Spanish speaking community members.
• Facilitate events to support student bilingual literacy and educate parents on literacy building strategies.
• Participate in Library-sponsored events to support the Library and to cultivate relationships with families and schools.
• Create and maintain procedure manuals and flyers in Spanish to support information services functions.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: