Innovative instructional leader with over 15 years experience in education. Extensive experience in curriculum design and implementation. Skilled in data analysis to make effective decisions to optimize student learning. Dedicated to enhancing teacher practice through reflective teaching, coaching and professional development.
Serve as an Instructional Coach for ELA, Social Studies, and ESL in grades K-6. Coaching duties include the collaborative work with over 50 teachers to ensure high-quality instruction and student achievement through modeling, co-planning, co-teaching, and job embedded professional development.
· Collaborate with K-6 teachers to develop Performance Based Assessments for the newly adopted Social Studies Curriculum.
· Work with ESL teacher on development of the school curriculum to align with current New Jersey and WIDA standards.
· Facilitate transition for online learning by curating, vetting, and organizing resources for both asynchronous and synchronous learning.
· Attend workshops/conferences to learn about new innovative instructional strategies.
· Advise in planning and assist in the implementation of school-wide programs, such as Reading and Writing Workshop and Historical Inquiry
· Perform Learning Walks and Focus Fifteen observations providing feedback that facilitates teacher reflection and growth.
· Conduct Coaching Cycles, individual or group instructional coaching, and mentoring to teachers to improve classroom instruction for all learners.
· Assist teachers with designing instructional decisions based on assessment data and serve as a resource during planning time and in professional learning communities.
· Model research-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance and improved classroom environment.
· Continuously organize and analyze data to facilitate conversations and develop plans to support student achievement.
· Support the instructional development of all teachers in understanding the curriculum and varied assessments, the Marzano Framework for Teaching, and data analysis.
· Conduct staff needs assessments through class observations, school data, and other professional input.
· Plan and provide personalized support and training that is based on the goals and identified needs of individual teachers.
· Contribute to the development systems and structures to improve teacher practice within schools.
· Utilize Adult Learning Theory to motivate adult learners to improve professional practice, attitudes, and behaviors.
· Work closely with building principals and supervisor in matters relating to student placement, academic progress, and the implementation and monitoring of district initiatives.
· Design and implement a school based Instructional Coaching Program.
· Serve on the Intervention and Referral Service team to offer differentiated interventions for remediation in Tier 1.
· Spearhead the development of district goals in English Language Arts based on data analysis.
· Build strong relationships with teachers, administration, and students creating a culture of courage and community of trust.
Assisted administrator with the daily operation of the building consisting of 371 students and 45 staff members. Specific areas of responsibilities include all aspects of administration; scheduling, security, instructional leadership, custodial maintenance, supervision of staff, arrival/dismissal of students, and monitoring student behavior and enforcing discipline policies.
· Assumed school administrator's duties and responsibilities during a superior's leave of absence.
· Utilized Charlotte Danielson Model to observe, supervise, and evaluate staff.
· Infused Sheltered Instruction in the general education classroom in completion of research and inquiry stance.
· Facilitated collegial collaboration during faculty meetings, SCIP meetings, PLC, and grade level articulation.
· Cultivated positive relationships between community members, parents, students, and teachers.
· Coordinated communication between school and home by translating for teachers, students, and families.
Effectively instructed and implemented district curricula for students in grades two, three, five English Language Arts, and English as a Second Language. Teachingpractices included student-centered instruction, authentic hands-on learning, problem-based inquiry, collaboration, and culturally responsive.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: