I am an accomplished Speech Language Pathologist with 16 years of experience and expertise evaluating and treating children with speech and language disorders. I am adept at working with children within a wide range of developmental disabilities that affect speech and language as well as feeding and swallowing abilities. I collaborate on teams with psychologists, classroom teachers, occupational and physical therapists to diagnose and treat children. I have experience in supervising graduate students and clinical fellows. I seek to continually broaden my knowledge and experience in the field of speech-language pathology.
• Provide therapy services to children PPCD through 12th grade in articulation, phonology, receptive and expressive language, fluency, oral motor development, dysphagia, pragmatics and social skills enhancement.
• Implement speech and language goals in small group sessions as well as within the classroom setting.
• Collaborate with classroom teachers, other school therapists/team members and school psychologists regarding speech and language development and integration of speech-language and goals of students into the educational environment.
• Develop Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans and review assessments, define new goals and discuss progress in annual ARD meetings.
• Educate and counsel parents and involved staff regarding their child's/students speech and language development.
• Write progress reports regarding students' speech and language therapy goals each grading period.
• Provide comprehensive diagnostic services and therapy for preschool-aged children to young adult clients within a variety of speech and language disorder areas, including articulation and phonology, aural rehabilitation, down syndrome, hearing impaired, autism spectrum, fluency, specific language impairment and reading disability .
• Develop and implement new programs including social language groups for children and co-treatment groups with the occupational therapist in order to maximize progress with clients.
• Utilize sensory integration strategies within therapy in the sensory gym to get optimal speech and language interactions
• Represent clinic at IEP meetings and advocate for clients and their families.
• Interview and hire SLP and OT employees
• Manage insurance billing for private and state/government insurance agencies.
• Complete comprehensive formal and informal speech-language assessments for pediatric (preschool through high-school aged) clients.
• Develop and lead sessions with language-impaired and learning-disabled children, working primarily with children with articulation/phonological disorders, language delays, dysfluency and voice disorders.
• Educate and counsel parents regarding their child's speech and language development, testing results, therapy goals and progress.
• Provide home based oral motor and speech-language intervention for children, birth through school age.
•Provide Speech Pathology services to PPCD public school program
• Fulfill Texas grant services to qualifying Houston area preschools for early intervention services involving individual, small group, and in-classroom services as well as teacher/aid training to assist with carryover.
• Provide diagnostic and therapy services to Houston Medical center hospitals including TIRR, Ben Taub, Texas Children's and St. Luke's.
• Rotate throughout hospital serving pediatric and adult NICU, PICU, ICU, Acute Care, and Sub-Acute Rehabilitation Unit facilities
•Perform clinical bedside and videofluroscopic evaluations and provide dysphagia management therapy.
•Evaluate and treat patients referred for speech-language, and cognitive deficits as well as Passy Muir Tracheostomy Speaking Valve placement and education.
•Participate in team and patient/family rounds to report goals, progress and recommendations as well as provide education and counseling regarding patient's care.
•Completed Clinical Fellowship Year.
License State of Texas Speech Language Pathology & Audiology Board
Member American Speech-Language Hearing Association
Certified Beckman Oral Motor
Certified Fast Forward
• Confident with assessment and therapy in a variety of settings which include school based, private practice, acute care, rehabilitative services, and home health. • Proficient with IEP goal and objective generation, charting for private insurance, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement, and communication and coordination with administration regarding development and implementation of policies and procedures. • Experienced with supervision of CFY or graduate student speech pathology students.
• Proficient with IEP goal and objective generation, charting for private insurance, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement, and communication and coordination with administration regarding development and implementation of policies and procedures. • Experienced with supervision of CFY or graduate student speech pathology students.
• Experienced with supervision of CFY or graduate student speech pathology students.
"Swallowing Delay as Related to Feeding Methods Used During MBS Studies".
ASHA Conference, San Antonio, TX, November 1998
Ninth Annual Stroke Rehabilitation Conference, Cambridge, MA October 1997.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.