Dedicated and experienced Human Resources Program Manager with over 15 years of focused efforts in Diveristy and Inclusion, Outreach, and Training initiatives. Expertise in leading team development, coaching, strategic planning, and goal setting. Experience in developing and implementing succesful diversity and inclusion for leadership accountability and development of employee engagement and retention efforts. Ability to drive and manage change within large diverse organzations and engage with executives and staff at all levels. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated credibility to influence at all levels across the organization and external to the organization.
• Senior Advisor to The Adjutant General of Ohio and his Board of Directors serving over 18,000 employees.
• Report to the Chief Human Resources Officer and responsible for partnering with the Executive Leadership Team and other organizational leaders to develop and implement diversity, equity and inclusion strategies, programs, policies, and metrics that successfully engage, develop, retrain, and attract a diverse workforce.
• Successfully authored an 85-page Standard Operating procedure Manual for the Ohio National Guard that referenced 63 documents pulled from Federal and States laws, manuals, and instructions to ensure compliance.
• Advanced to the highest nationally certified level in field of expertise.
• Develop and coordinates programs and initiatives to drive and integrate diversity and inclusion practices throughout the ONG that help build a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Mentor Equal Employment Opportunity Director (encompassing all Title VI and Title VII complaints, Reasonable Accommodations, and bullying and hazing cases) as HR Program Director and serve as Alt EEO Director.
• Developed Leader Curriculum and organization wide curriculum to support Equitable treatment, inclusivity, and dignity across organization.
• Serves as the Outreach coordinator working with internal and external stake holders (including Human Resource Directors, Inspector General, Equal Employment Manager, Public Affairs, Medical Treatment Facilities, civilian and military law enforcement, General Counsel and Legal Teams, Psychological Health directors, State Surgeon, chaplains, Title IX programs, and external advocate agencies).
• Support the research, development and implementation of diversity and inclusion policies as Co-Lead on Diversity and Inclusion initiative with The Ohio State University's Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity (academic institution). • Created training for and partner with Title IX programs throughout state to ensure information sharing and cross-training.
• Plans and implements Special Emphasis Month activities and messaging from The Adjutant General to increase awareness and educate the work force regarding minorities, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and other protected classes.
• Member of the National Advisory Committee • Member of the Regional Diversity and Inclusion Council
• Advisor and Member of the ONG Joint Diversity Executive Council
• Co-Chair ONG Committee of Diversity and Inclusion
• Member and Mentor of ONG Women's Mentorship Council
• Assisted in “Don't Ask, Don't Tell” Repeal
• Led workgroup on the roll-out of “Women in Combat Roles” for ONG.
• Manage and execute a budget of over $300,000.
• Received SARC of the Year Award along with multiple other awards.
2020 HIPAA (renewed annually)
2015 Multi-Functional Logistics Course
2018 Department of Defense Inspector General Course (3 weeks)
2013 Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
2013 COR Mission Focus Course
2012 Operations Management Course
2012 Sexual Harassment Assault Response & Prevention Course
2011 Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training for Instructors (T4T)
2011 Information Assurance Awareness
2011 Bystander Intervention Training
2011 Bystander Intervention Train the Trainer
2011 Fiscal Law
2010 Casualty Notification & Assistance Course
2010 EEO for Managers and Supervisors –US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
2010 New Counselor – US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
2009 Sexual Assault Response Coordinator/Victim Advocacy
2007 Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
2007 Strategic Planning & Management
2006 Total Army Instructor Training Course (TAITC)
2006 Unit Advisor Course
2005 Equal Opportunity Leader
2005 Quality Awareness Course
2003 Advanced Management Course
2004 Facilitator's Course
1998 Equal Opportunity Representative
OSU Newark Multi-Cultural Activities Office
Women for Economic Leadership and Development
Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio
Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence
Central Ohio Sexual Assault Task Force
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: