Originated department by developing and implementing H.R. Best Practices that comply with federal, state and local laws to benefit a fast growing, real estate develop company.
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Recruit and develop the right talent for the right roles for high-volume positions in Sales, Management, Business Office, Maintenance and Construction professions
• Understand recruitment needs, develop recruitment strategies, and collaborate with hiring managers to determine and maintain optimal staffing levels.
• Create qualification guidelines and requirements for individual positions, including assessment, interview and testing tools to identify and measure candidates against established criteria throughout the selection process.
• Develop and implement recruitment strategies and post vacant positions by leveraging online, social media and print recruitment tools to attract qualified candidates and develop robust talent pool
• Manage applicant tracking system (ATS) database by entering, updating and maintaining candidate contact details, resumes and ensuring accuracy in supporting documentation
• Attend job fairs and collaborate with local high schools, colleges and universities to attract and develop future talent
• Perform all aspects of hiring process, including salary negotiations, assessments, background checks, new hire orientation, etc.
• Cultivate a culture of respect and sustain employee retention as an employer of choice
• Assist senior management with making key decisions regarding pay equity by developing and submitting performance and compensation reports and improvement recommendations.
• Coach managers through employee relations matters including employee engagement, documentation, discipline and performance improvement plans.
• Provide guidance on policies and procedures to harmonize responses, provide appropriate investigation actions and reach resolution of grievances while maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
• Administer all aspects of performance management processes
• Manage dissemination of communications between senior management and employees
• Oversee Compensation and Benefits
• Develop and implement creative and cost effective events to increase and employee satisfaction and morale
• Employee recognition programs
• Advise and assist senior management with succession planning
• Supervise Payroll & Benefits Coordinator and Receptionist
• Administer Workers Compensation
• Training and career development
• Successfully recruited and filled new positions through repeated expansion phases: Expansion 1 – 100% growth over 5 years; Expansion 2 – 40% growth over 2 years; Expansion 3 – 55% growth over 2.5 years
• Created job requisition system to ensure adequate staffing during largest expansion
• Successfully obtained Best Places to Work in Kentucky designation on first attempt
• Researched, recommended and implemented improved employee benefits on annual basis
• Researched and recommended implementation of change from Simple IRA to 401K
• Researched and assisted with selection, implementation and training of new HRIS system.
Responsible for all HR related functions for 500+ employees in manufacturing facility.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: