HRIS ManagerELWOOD STAFFING CORPORATE OFFICE － COLUMBUS, IN
In addition to my HR Analyst responsibilities I took on additional responsibilities including:
- Serving as liaison with our info systems staff in resolving programming & related problems
- Directing the design, selection & implementation or modifications of HRIS
- Reviewing system changes to assess the impact on our customization's & work with HRIS users to ensure appropriate utilization of system change including educating users
- Continually monitors information needs and designing new or modifying existing systems to meet changing requirements
- Working with field managers to complete time keeping related disciplinary write ups
- Assisting in on & off boarding activities for new internal staff (in over 30 states)
- collecting all new hire paperwork and entering the information into the HR system
- leading yearly benefits information session
- training employees on the time keeping system
- ending employment in the HR system
- Helped complete phone screening for potential internal new hires
- Became the company super user for the HR information system, the time keeping system and excel.
11/2012 to 06/2016
Human Resources AnalystELWOOD STAFFING CORPORATE OFFICE － COLUMBUS, IN
02/2012 to 11/2012
Quality Data Support SpecialistCUMMINS － COLUMBUS, IN
Assess the internal quality, referential and historical customer data
- Investigate and resolve defects
- Identify potential duplicates
- Consolidate customer records
- Validate data extracts and uploads
- compile weekly, monthly and quarterly quality reports.
Supports HR Director
Manager and employees with HR policy, procedural and employment inquiries.
Analyzes HR statistical data and constructs polished reports for upper-level management.
Interact daily with management and employees to insure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs, and/or concerns as they arise in the PTO and Time Approval
- Coach and facilitate management towards the resolution of human resources issues.
Advise on employment law.
Providing guidance and interpretation of current unemployment law.
Develop and facilitate training on Unemployment claims.
Keep abreast of trends and changes is unemployment legislation.
Compile and review weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analyze workforce metrics to identify trends and opportunities (headcount movement, unemployment, turnover, etc.)
- Partner with field managers to respond to and attend hearings for complex unemployment claims
- Assist with department compliance and record-keeping requirements, including file maintenance, etc.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and report HR data through creation and utilization of Excel, Crystal Reports and other HR database systems.
Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated diplomacy in dealing with difficult situations
- Proven ability to assist the HR Director in due diligence processes related to mergers and acquisitions and establishing standard protocols, check lists, guidelines for each acquisition.
Education and Training
Bachelors of Science: Public Affairs Management Human Resources and SociologyINDIANA UNIVERSITY － Bloomington, INPublic Affairs Management Human Resources and Sociology
Activities and Honors
Volunteer Resource Manager, July 2011 to May 2012
- Developing volunteer position descriptions
- Community outreach to find volunteers
- Screening (interviews, required background checks, etc.) and -matching volunteers to organizational needs and opportunities
-Training, Scheduling, and leading orientation for volunteers
-Database management and tracking of volunteer statistics
CERTIFIED STAFFING PROFESSIONAL
Certification Date May 2013 - Present
American Staffing Association
Analyst, benefits, Coach, Crystal Reports, Validate data, database, designing, Directing, due diligence, training employees, Front-Office, HRIS, human resources, HR, interpretation, law, Director, mergers and acquisitions, Excel, Office Suite, monitors, Presentations, problem solving skills, processes, programming, Project Management, protocols, quality, file maintenance, record-keeping, Sage, phone